Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to Equiso.
08-05-2013, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 07:02 PM by V8vroom.)
New to Equiso.
Hi, just got my Equiso. Purchased it a Walmart & so far it's worked OK with a few mods.

Rooted it*thanks to this site
Installed 9429 WiFi reconnector app (fixed my WiFi disconnect problems
Installed Paragon exFAT app
Added a PS3 USB hub (powered, Best buy store brand. Works great $11.00)
1TB powered hard drive.
Installed Tile Launcher Beta-love it.
Installed Plex-a few studders but not too bad after I lowered the quality to 420p)
Netflix, of course.

It works well, though admittedly it is no speed demon! It is just tiding me over until the Ouya gets here! Then I'll move it to another TV.
Hope every one enjoys theirs and on the bright side more powerful Android toys are on the horizon from some well known companies. Thanks for reading.-Doug

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
24-08-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: New to Equiso.
New to the forums. Just bought one from walmart and seeing what it can do.

breakburrough, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Aug 2013.
24-08-2013, 10:08 AM
(08-05-2013 06:56 PM)V8vroom Wrote:  Hi, just got my Equiso. Purchased it a Walmart & so far it's worked OK with a few mods.

1TB powered hard drive.
Installed Plex-a few studders but not too bad after I lowered the quality to 420p)
Netflix, of course.

It works well, though admittedly it is no speed demon! It is just tiding me over until the Ouya gets here! Then I'll move it to another TV.
Hope every one enjoys theirs and on the bright side more powerful Android toys are on the horizon from some well known companies. Thanks for reading.-Doug

Idk mine is pretty fast, faster than my gnex honestly. I have mine updated to the latest update, running Nova launcher pro and I have a bunch of movie/TV apps installed. Going to buy a powered hub so I can run my game controller, use my gnex as a WiFi antenna(via USB tethering while connecting to my WiFi since I have a bad connection in my room) and install other misc USB devices.

I have the Walmart version as well. Runs really smooth and its rooted so I can block all ads.
03-09-2013, 08:47 PM
(24-08-2013 10:08 AM)luigi90210 Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 06:56 PM)V8vroom Wrote:  Hi, just got my Equiso. Purchased it a Walmart & so far it's worked OK with a few mods.

1TB powered hard drive.
Netflix, of course.

Idk mine is pretty fast, faster than my gnex honestly. I have mine updated to the latest update, running Nova launcher pro and I have a bunch of movie/TV apps installed. Going to buy a powered hub so I can run my game controller, use my gnex as a WiFi antenna(via USB tethering while connecting to my WiFi since I have a bad connection in my room) and install other misc USB devices.

I have the Walmart version as well. Runs really smooth and its rooted so I can block all ads.
How do you block the ads? Hate having to pay for Hulu Plus and watch all the ads.

breakburrough, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Aug 2013.