Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Wifi at all - PRO
24-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Sad No Wifi at all - PRO
I've been trying for a while to connect my Pro unit to my wifi network but it doesn't seem to be able to find any network. It seems everyone's Equiso has weak wifi connectivity but I have nothing.

The screen would say "turning wifi on " for hours and when I manually enter my network details, it says "out of range"

My modem/router is 3 feet away from the Equiso stick and all my other devices find about a dozen of networks.

My router is only b/g, maybe do I need a b/g/n?

Does someone have the same issue? Or any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks a lot!
24-02-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: No Wifi at all - PRO
Hi, Haokan (Marielle?). That sure sounds like a defective stick.

Is the stick behind the TV? And is the router beside the TV or in front of the TV?

Do you have the WiFi Analyzer app installed? It came pre-installed on my Pro. If the wifi is working at all, it will show the access points.

802.11b/g is fine.

Many people here find that resetting to factory defaults in the Settings menu solves many problems.

And reboot, of course.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
24-02-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: No Wifi at all - PRO
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

The stick is on the side of the TV, and there is nothing between it and the modem/router. I already reset to defaut settings and reboot. But with no success.

I checked the Wifi analyser app, but it doesn't detect any network.

I guess the stick is defective and I think it will be hard to get a new one....

Thanks a lot again

haokan aka Marielle