Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No power off button or clean way to shut down
17-10-2012, 09:10 PM
No power off button or clean way to shut down
I thought this was kind of weird. The only way to turn off the Equiso is to pull the power on it.
There is a button on the Equiso but its not programmed to do anything at this point. There is also no shutdown menu in ICS either. Sooner or later im sure this will end up corrupting the image by pulling power.

We need root! So, we can write our own shutdown scripts. grrrrr....

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
18-10-2012, 12:10 AM
RE: No power off button or clean way to shut down
I have a service USB port on my TV,never know what it was for,but now it provide Equiso power. Works just fine. Big Grin
18-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Since my Samsung & Sharp Tv's have powered USB ports 500mah it seems too weak to keep the unit powered. I get random reboots. Still seems better to have it wired via the AC adapter to get the juice. Just remember darn thing needs to be unplugged if your not using it. Hate to see my house go up in flames when this overheats and catches on fire.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
18-10-2012, 08:30 AM
That is a big concern, with out proper shutdown, the image will get corrupted at some point of time. God please someone root this device and make the best rom for it.
19-10-2012, 02:41 AM
(18-10-2012 08:30 AM)Niko Wrote:  That is a big concern, with out proper shutdown, the image will get corrupted at some point of time. God please someone root this device and make the best rom for it.
I have a hunch this is why the Factory Reset sometimes works. The darn OS gets corrupt from improper shutdown and the file system is thrashed. So, doing a Factory Reset seems like a fix but its really just a band aide solution. Sad

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
19-10-2012, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 05:04 PM by Devious.)
Quote: We need root! So, we can write our own shutdown scripts. grrrrr....

http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Rootin...STRUCTIONS

Devious

Devious
19-10-2012, 07:53 PM
(19-10-2012 04:00 PM)Devious Wrote:  

Devious
@Devious! Good job. I managed to get root with my own method. Glad to see there is finally a 2nd option.
I haven't had much time to poke around and write a shutdown script/widget. If you have time give it a shot. Smile

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
19-10-2012, 10:45 PM
(19-10-2012 07:53 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 04:00 PM)Devious Wrote:  

Devious
@Devious! Good job. I managed to get root with my own method. Glad to see there is finally a 2nd option.
I haven't had much time to poke around and write a shutdown script/widget. If you have time give it a shot. Smile
Now we to find out how to overclock the CPU so that MAYBE we can watch a video without the problems like freezing. I don't know why they keep saying that software is going to fix the problem, when I run video apps the processor maxes out at 100% and the ram isn't far behind most of the time. I honestly feel like this is the problem, not "software optimization".

Devious
20-10-2012, 01:15 AM
@Devious- Overclocking will be hard without the kernel source and recovery. We should be asking Equiso for a custom bootloader so recovery will be possible. They did tout this project as dev community friendly. Kind of weird we have to do own our research on rooting and creating a bootloader. Seems a bit much but I guess that's why were all here. Wink We should get XDA to put up a forum and get some hardcore devs working on this. Big Grin

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
09-02-2013, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 01:41 AM by bezkintos.)
Any news on this subject?

I just received my Pro and I would like to be able o turn it off. How are you handling it? Do you disconnect it from AC socket every time you stop using it or you keep it plugged to AC all the time?

Can it be damaged if kept plugged in all the time in AC socket?

Has the button on equiso any function?

bezkintos, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.