Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No power off button or clean way to shut down
09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Re: RE: No power off button or clean way to shut down
(09-02-2013 01:40 AM)bezkintos Wrote:  Any news on this subject?

I just received my Pro and I would like to be able o turn it off. How are you handling it? Do you disconnect it from AC socket every time you stop using it or you keep it plugged to AC all the time?

Can it be damaged if kept plugged in all the time in AC socket?

Has the button on equiso any function?

Most of just stop using it. Mine are all collecting dust and your will probably too. Too many bugs in its current state. I probably wouldn't trust a China made android stick plugged in while I'm away. My house and contents are worth more than this stick.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
09-02-2013, 02:56 PM
RE: No power off button or clean way to shut down
I do not want to jinx myself, but my works well for now and I already have it for 2 days! Wink ... but I have only used it for web browsing and watching movies. It seams there are some bugs when trying to stream directly from my PC shared folder and that's annoying but for now can be worked around by copying/pasting it locally to equiso stick and then playing... hope this will be corrected by next firmware update.

Also my Pro is not hot like some users reported here for their standard units. It is little worm but nothing close to melting point (it is plugged for 24 hours now). But I would rather it has option to turn it off.

You're obviously an expert in this field and understand more than rest of us so please try to explain what could be the reason that developer didn't include turn off option, AND how come there is no app on google play store that turns device off (there are those that turns off the screen but none that turns off the device - Why is that - I don't understand...)

bezkintos, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
09-02-2013, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 05:21 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
Re: No power off button or clean way to shut down
The reason real reason of why equiso didn't program it in is because they don't have a in house dev team. They rebadge these from Uptek who will sell to anyone who meets their min order amount. I refuse to post any new dev work on Equiso since they are screwing us. Many of my posts solves or fixes problems and yet they continue to lie to the community. I'm a backer of the standard and pro so I've been dealing with this bs since October of last year 2012. Still no real updates that we as a community haven't hacked up first.

Back to power. If if u ran a script via root to shutdown it would be kind of point less as there is no way to power the device back on...only really solves half the problem. I personally don't recommend you leaving it plugged in 24/7 as the solder job/workmanship on these devices are kind of bad. If you burn your house down I doubt equiso will care. Look at the great support we have gotten since the initial launch. We have yet to get a single how to out of them and thanks to Niko we have this forum who still haven't gotten his pro unit and he's footing the bill to run this forum.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
09-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Yes, I didn't think about how to turn it on after it was turned off - and that's a kind of important... Big Grin

I don't know how the rest of similar devices works but it seem logic to me for them to turn on when you turn on tv and turn off when you turn off tv. I don't know if that's possible or impossible to do (generally speaking) but that would be the proper way.

For the rest of what your saying... unfortunately there is not much we can do but wait for some real updates from their side and hoping for the best... Confused

Thank you very much for your help!

bezkintos, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
08-04-2013, 12:17 PM
The equiso pro at least have a restart and shutdown options, but not from the buttons of the remote, for example i have installed droidmote server on equiso and droidmote client on my android phone in media controling option on mobile there is a shutdown button when you hit it equiso gives 2 options restart ot shutdown, that means that teh shutdown option is already implemented into equiso rom, but for somme reson not programmed and connected to any buttons on remote

D3MO, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.