Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PRO OTA Update: Build 20130723
01-08-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: PRO OTA Update: Build 20130723
(01-08-2013 04:57 PM)jschall Wrote:  I uninstalled several alternative launchers as well as my live wallpaper app and a network speed monitor. Still, after reboot the popup displays, but clicking OK does nothing.

What SHOULD be displayed after clicking OK on the update popup?

Is it possible Equiso's server is overloaded or just down?
I think it takes up to 10min to download and then the installer will begin automatically and reboot the Equiso. I'd try just resetting the stick, connecting to the wifi and see if that works.

To my knowledge there isn't an issue w/the server.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
01-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Re: PRO OTA Update: Build 20130723
@John - Do you know the size of the update file?

@jeff- I had a simalr issue on my first try I just let it sit idle for avout a hour then gave up. Rebooted and tried again and sometime within the next hour it finished.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
01-08-2013, 08:01 PM
It comes in at a husky 120mb.

02-08-2013, 01:14 PM
If you turn on the status bar in Settings you'll be able to watch the update process to at least know it's working. Try that too.

02-08-2013, 04:15 PM
I apologize. I guess there is a slight issue w/the upgrade server. Hopefully that'll be addressed quickly.

Something to add to the change log: USB audio is now supported via the full-size port. Obviously you'll have to use a hub or something to keep the receiver plugged in. DNLA is working as well so you can send stuff from your phone/tablet or computer if you have the right software. We tested it with ArkMC.

02-08-2013, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 08:32 PM by jschall.)
Thanks for the encouragement, John and Wilson. By monitoring the download with the Network Speed app, I was eventually able to see the upgrade server start - an average of 2 to 3 Mb/s for about 10 minutes, then flatline for a couple of minutes, then the Android guy with the decahedron in his belly for about 5 minutes, then the final reboot.

John, there was no notification in the notification bar during the download - I don't know if that's normal or if there was something wrong with the server.

Anyway - not a great UX, but it's over.

Just watched a movie on Netflix and some music video on YouTube. I didn't notice any difference from before, but I'm not very critical for video quality.

I just ran Antutu.

Before upgrade: 3399.

After upgrade: 5268!

Good show, Equiso!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Need a help on OTA update for my Equiso PRO
An update popup message displayed and i clicked OK. But nothing happens (no download shown in the status bar as well). i rebooted many times the stick. now not even the popup message is displayed. how to get the popup message again or how to update now in anyway ??? manually ???
i have another doubt. as per the one year completion free upgrade, PRO for backers has bluetooth. but i am not able to see any bluetooth in settings ??? so do my PRO does not have any bluetooth ?
Thanks.
15-08-2013, 03:55 AM
OK. atlast after (many) many times, my PRO displayed the popup and updated to the latest firmware.

But still i have a clarification regarding presence of bluetooth in my PRO. Do you all see a bluetooth option in settings in your PRO ?
18-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Must say that this update fixed the main problem I had with my unit. Before the audio was muted on startup and it took me up to ten reboots to get it going again. Now everything's just fine. Also, I'm still rooted

Skickat från min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk 4

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
18-08-2013, 06:54 PM
I have just updated my equiso PRO Stick. All this time I stayed at version 20121213 because I had no problem and was satisfied with it. I didn't upgrade to previous version in march (I believe it was march) because there were lots of negative comments here. But for this 20130723 version comments were ok so I decided to upgrade.

I don't see any difference: everything works ok now as before. I just noticed that my Antutu results are slightly worse than before. Before update it was 5939, a now it is 5128. But, as I said, everything works as before (I'm using it only for youtube and streaming from my PC... nothing else)

bezkintos, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.