Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
13-03-2013, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 08:43 PM by cutare.)
RE: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
(13-03-2013 07:58 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 07:27 PM)cutare Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 07:14 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  I've literally been up for 24 hours getting the box finalized for production since Adam is in China. I've lost track of time.

What do you mean by box? Box as in package or box as in bigger, better, shinner Equiso TV box replacing the failing stick?

Crap, update failed again... WDF Equiso you cannot even make an OTA update to work right???
Because you have an attitude I'm not going to tell you. I was, but now you've ruined it for everyone.

I'm sure no one cares that much actually...

But while it becomes clear that it is a package redesign it also shows us what Equiso does with the capital money: just paint the same crap...

Congrats... That's the way to go...

Hahahaha... Update worked aaaaaand... Nothing is changed... Less the branding, they removed all references to Lajoin... And the mouse cursor... What a joke... LOOL... I'm not surprised at all, even mentioned this a few days back or so in another thread...

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
13-03-2013, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 09:27 PM by Us3r.)
Well the update installed and the verdict is in....and ....much as I expected - its actually worse then it was before, if you ca believe that.

Now I get a message telling me "We should uninstall (Free) version to make" and then cuts off and give me a confirm or cancel button, when you hit confirm it wants to uninstall AirPin but when you click OK it says uninstall not successful. I get this every couple minutes.

Next, every few minutre (or sometimes every few seconds) I get a message saying Google Play Service has topped working.

Embedded flash video is still like watching a slide show. Watching youtube means you have to let it sit for 20 minutes because the download speed is way too slow to stream.

Browsing the web is extreamly slow and unresponsive, feels like being back on dialup.

It does not fully fill the screen, there is a 2 inch border around the entire screen.

Oh and there is still no way to actually power down the device! How do you mess that up?? Why do I have to unplug it to turn it off?

and whats with the ball cursor? Why?

All in all, thanks for another swift kick to the junk Equiso.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
14-03-2013, 12:16 AM
But I like the ball!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
14-03-2013, 12:34 AM
(14-03-2013 12:16 AM)jschall Wrote:  But I like the ball!
Not me, I think it looks awful and makes it annoying to try and click on small things.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
14-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Not getting any prompt for the OTA Update. is it being rolled out by region? I tried rebooting the PRo and went to the settings and checked for updates and it said it was up to date am i missing something?
14-03-2013, 01:14 AM
(14-03-2013 12:34 AM)Us3r Wrote:  I think it looks awful and makes it annoying to try and click on small things.
Au contraire! It makes it easy to select a point, 'cause it's round and transparent, like a lens.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
14-03-2013, 02:28 AM
(14-03-2013 01:14 AM)jschall Wrote:  
(14-03-2013 12:34 AM)Us3r Wrote:  I think it looks awful and makes it annoying to try and click on small things.
Au contraire! It makes it easy to select a point, 'cause it's round and transparent, like a lens.
It's also big and inaccurate. None of that matters as the thing is completely useless now anyways.

14-03-2013, 12:15 PM
PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
Now I'm kinda glad I decided not to confirm the untitled chili pepper update.
However, in an effort to find out what it actually was (before checking here) I updated all my apps in the Play Store and rebooted. The chili update confirm message came up again. I declined and went into system info and checked for updates. I was told I was up to date. The mystery continued.... until I checked here.
As I've stated before I am very new to the Android platform. Why would it report back that my system was up to date?

Dolbie, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
14-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Us3r, what site are giving you problems? I've been using the firmware and have experience no real loading issues unless the site is heavy w/ads. Certainly not dial-up like you're describing.

The cursor is definitely going to be love or hate. The hit detection area should be the whole area so I don't know how you think it's inaccurate. I had many versions where it had a smaller, more precise, center dot inside a larger outer circle. We asked a bunch of people out of the 30 or so I made and it was whittled down to this style and that they perceived it as being more precise and easier to use from a distance.

No issues noticed w/the Google Play store. Not sure why you're getting that. And the device draws so little power it doesn't need to be powered off. But hopefully at some point it will be addressed. Right now we have a TV that powers the stick right from the USB port on the TV. So when you power off the TV it shuts off the stick.

That screen sizing issue is probably because it's set to scale in the Display settings menu. Check it and resize to fit. The white border should be just off screen.

Youtube may be stuttering because of a write issue that will be fixed. I've noticed it's only with Youtube itself and not other streaming services. Video quality has also been improved from what it was before in Netflix and HBO Go works as well. But it's still not 100% we know.

Glad to hear we fully delivered on the boot to your plums. Another satisfied customer.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
14-03-2013, 01:20 PM
OK, After a couple of device reboots I received the prompt for the update. The update downloaded and installed with out issue and the video quality has approved on the streaming services that work. both HULU+ and CinimaNow still will not allow video playback on the Equiso. WiFi reception seems to be improved and signial strength readings are higher. I am also still not able to get the Weather Underground App to work crashes on load everytime.