Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
14-03-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
Also, you have to be running the stock firmware (no guarantees on root, but if it works—lucky ducks). Someone on KS was having issues because they flashed the firmware from another device and then tried to install the update.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
14-03-2013, 02:53 PM
@EquisoGD_John:
Could you please give us some background to the latest Pro OTA update?

- Who were the developers involved (NuFront/Uptek/Bizsoft)?
- What is the change log? (What bugs were addressed or fixed?)
- Did you submit the ball pointer design?

It just came out of the blue unannounced. Not normal customer relations at all.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
14-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I'll get what info I can about all the changes. It's not final firmware tho.

Yes, I designed the new cursor. I'm OK with it but I liked earlier ones better that didn't pass the review process.

14-03-2013, 03:50 PM
(14-03-2013 12:22 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Us3r, what site are giving you problems? I've been using the firmware and have experience no real loading issues unless the site is heavy w/ads. Certainly not dial-up like you're describing.

The cursor is definitely going to be love or hate. The hit detection area should be the whole area so I don't know how you think it's inaccurate. I had many versions where it had a smaller, more precise, center dot inside a larger outer circle. We asked a bunch of people out of the 30 or so I made and it was whittled down to this style and that they perceived it as being more precise and easier to use from a distance.

No issues noticed w/the Google Play store. Not sure why you're getting that. And the device draws so little power it doesn't need to be powered off. But hopefully at some point it will be addressed. Right now we have a TV that powers the stick right from the USB port on the TV. So when you power off the TV it shuts off the stick.

That screen sizing issue is probably because it's set to scale in the Display settings menu. Check it and resize to fit. The white border should be just off screen.

Youtube may be stuttering because of a write issue that will be fixed. I've noticed it's only with Youtube itself and not other streaming services. Video quality has also been improved from what it was before in Netflix and HBO Go works as well. But it's still not 100% we know.

Glad to hear we fully delivered on the boot to your plums. Another satisfied customer.
Nooo, really? You mean...you work for them and it all works great for you? Didnt expect that at all Wink

The cursor plain sucks, its too big and trying to click between two links close together, like a 1 and a 2 is a pain when your surfing forums and what not, plus it looks super amateur.

Every website is slow, even just going to google takes a good 15 seconds.

Wait for more fixes? Really? I dont feel like waiting another 6 months for another broken update from the chinese.

As for powering it down, the thing is a peice of junk if you leave it on 24/7 its gonna burn itself out and it gets pretty warm.

Also if it cant play flash video then it's really of no use to me, best thing is I asked them specifically before I paid if it could play flash video and Adam said it sure could! Oh yea, it sure can alright.

But really, what a great update, took it from being just broken to being total unusable and getting spammed with crashes and it wanting to uninstall AirPin every 60 seconds, just awesome, bravo.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
14-03-2013, 05:25 PM
As for heating, I leave my Pro plugged-in 24/7 on the shelf beside my TV, and it's barely warm to the touch. I will install Temp+CPUV2 and measure.
As for general performance I have only tried Youtube and streaming from my LAN file servers. Seems same as before, but I will try Antutu (I got 5500 before the update) and Speedtest.net (I got 5.5 MB/s before).

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
14-03-2013, 05:55 PM
(14-03-2013 05:25 PM)jschall Wrote:  As for heating, I leave my Pro plugged-in 24/7 on the shelf beside my TV, and it's barely warm to the touch. I will install Temp+CPUV2 and measure.
As for general performance I have only tried Youtube and streaming from my LAN file servers. Seems same as before, but I will try Antutu (I got 5500 before the update) and Speedtest.net (I got 5.5 MB/s before).
It's never good to leave sometghing on 24/7, its bad for the environment and reduces the lifespan of the device.

As for the speed, I dont think its an issue of bandwidth, downloads seem to go at a decent speed, the device is just unable to load pages quickly.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
14-03-2013, 06:25 PM
You do realize that everything you leave plugged into the wall draws power even when off, right? Sorry, but you're nitpicking on that issue.

14-03-2013, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 06:49 PM by Us3r.)
(14-03-2013 06:25 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  You do realize that everything you leave plugged into the wall draws power even when off, right? Sorry, but you're nitpicking on that issue.
Always the apologist, Yea when plugged in things draw a fraction of a watt if anything at all this is going to be drawing several watts. Even if its just 5 watts, which doesnt seem like much on its own, now multiply that by several thousand of these sitting on 24/7 for no good reason and youve got thousands or kilowatt hours being wasted all because some asshole in china couldnt be bothered to make it work right. But it doesnt even matter, it should turn off, staying on 24/7 is going to cut its life span in half. Please stop defending inexcusable and easily correctable flaws.

You're really starting to annoy me now, you say how you used to be poor and in debt and how you know what its like to have money stolen from you but yet you work for a company that has essentially robbed 1000's of people, paying your debts with the money they stole from us, and still have the gull to sit there defend its shitty product and its flaws like we should just be OK with a broken device.

14-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Not one cent of your money paid off my debt.

Unless you unplug your TV, cable box and computer from the wall every night leaving this on doesn't do a fraction of the power draw those do when "off".

14-03-2013, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 10:12 PM by Us3r.)
You know what else is funny? I just went to do a factory reset to see if that helped anything, but now the on screen keayboard does not appear when you go to enter your wifi password so you have to sit there and press every button to try anf figure out what symbols they are since they couldnt be arsed to paint thoes on there.

But thats not the kicker, the ^ symbol isnt mapeed to any of the keys! so now I have to change my wifi password and go around to every single of my devices and change the password, yes! well done!

(14-03-2013 06:59 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Not one cent of your money paid off my debt.

Unless you unplug your TV, cable box and computer from the wall every night leaving this on doesn't do a fraction of the power draw those do when "off".
Devices plugged into an outlet but powered off draw a fraction of a watt or nothing at all unless they have some function while powered down. The android stick will have its cpu, gpu memory and wireless powered up at all times, it will be constantly diplaying the desktop, connecting to wifi and processing things in the background, relative to everything else it will draw quite a bit more power so get off it.