Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
14-03-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
Oh, stop. If your family is starving because you chanced $100 on a toy to be used for entertainment, you shouldn't be allowed to access the internet or have kids, because clearly your self-control and prioritization are such as to make the starving-because-I-bought-a-toy scenario inevitable. Yes, you lost money. On a toy which you didn't need to survive. If it were working, you wouldn't be better fed, you'd be better entertained. It's not constructive to be a drama queen, so grow some balls and stick to describing real issues that John might actually be able to address, instead of playing out Les Miserables in a chat room.

John's already pretty obviously hitting the stressed and disillusioned point, and no wonder, since his willingness to be the sole person from Equiso gutsy/idiotic enough to poke his nose into the Forums Full of How Much Equiso Sucks means he bears the brunt of everyone's anger. The sooner you drive him out of this company or this forum, the sooner you sever what seems increasingly to be the only line of communication. That may be what you want, but it does seem there are some people using this communication to try and redeem the product.

brainmist, feeling pretty stupid for having invested in "making my dumb TV smart" with Equiso. Next time I'll just shove my TV in a closet with a bottle of cheap Scotch and an old laptop. My results won't be any worse, and I'll only be out a bottle of cheap Scotch.
14-03-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 10:17 PM by Us3r.)
(14-03-2013 08:35 PM)brainmist Wrote:  Oh, stop. If your family is starving because you chanced $100 on a toy to be used for entertainment, you shouldn't be allowed to access the internet or have kids, because clearly your self-control and prioritization are such as to make the starving-because-I-bought-a-toy scenario inevitable. Yes, you lost money. On a toy which you didn't need to survive. If it were working, you wouldn't be better fed, you'd be better entertained. It's not constructive to be a drama queen, so grow some balls and stick to describing real issues that John might actually be able to address, instead of playing out Les Miserables in a chat room.

John's already pretty obviously hitting the stressed and disillusioned point, and no wonder, since his willingness to be the sole person from Equiso gutsy/idiotic enough to poke his nose into the Forums Full of How Much Equiso Sucks means he bears the brunt of everyone's anger. The sooner you drive him out of this company or this forum, the sooner you sever what seems increasingly to be the only line of communication. That may be what you want, but it does seem there are some people using this communication to try and redeem the product.
Man what a goon, its not a 'toy' (no more then my TV or DVD player or Dishwasher or any other device that performs a function is a 'toy'), we take our entertainment quite seriously, its a means of relaxing and unwinding after a long day and as such it's a very important part of our lives. This was supposed to be the solution to several problems but instead its just a whole new problem. Spending the $120 on it wasn.t the problem, the problem is now having to spend another $120 on something that actually works, maybe you got money to throw away there money bags but the rest of us dont and the money we wasted on this thing could have gone to much better use.

As for John, he chose this for himself, he chose to work for them knowing what they did so I have a hard time bringing myself to feel a whole lot of sympathy there. I've got no problem with him, the problem I have is when he starts defending this garbage they shoved down our throats, the throats of the people that mde it possible for them to exist no less!

I'm sorry John if I was harsh to you, but you've gotta see where I'm coming from here, you wanna work for them thats fine, everyone needs money, but please dont sit there and tell me that I should be OK with whats wrong with this thing.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
14-03-2013, 09:20 PM
(14-03-2013 03:09 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Yes, I designed the new cursor. I'm OK with it but I liked earlier ones better that didn't pass the review process.
There's a review process? Starting to sound more like a company.

When is there going to be a Customer Support process? Are you it, John?

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
14-03-2013, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 10:23 PM by Us3r.)
(14-03-2013 09:20 PM)jschall Wrote:  
(14-03-2013 03:09 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Yes, I designed the new cursor. I'm OK with it but I liked earlier ones better that didn't pass the review process.
There's a review process? Starting to sound more like a company.

When is there going to be a Customer Support process? Are you it, John?
lol I was gonna say the same thing, I think you guys need some people that actually know what they're doing on that review board though.

Anyways, I'm done here, this forums doing nothing but brining us all aggravation over a crappy broken device which we all want to work but that never will which we were 'bait and switched' into.

Again John, I apologize for being harsh, I'm just frustrated with this thing and the companies indifference to what they did followed by an awful update that broke the thing even more which was 4 months in the making.

Take care.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
14-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Re: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
Oh new update.. got to try it....Big Grin

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
15-03-2013, 01:33 AM
@Us3r

I understand many of you are all frustrated. Doing my best to keep that in the spot light. Sorry I was short w/you. Must be the lack of sleep!

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
15-03-2013, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 10:06 AM by johnequickiii.)
Ya, it fixed the 1080 problem alright. It fixed it right out of working at all. Now all of a sudden it tells me my device doesn't support 1080. Bullshit. It worked totally fine before. All my stuff is 1080. I have it plugged into my 1080 stereo hdmi passed through to my 1080 tv.

So now, after the update, I'm stuck with a piece of junk I guess.

Any fix for this, and the fact that Airpin or w/e it is says I should install the normal version, but can't uninstall the pro version.

What's the change log? How do I get this fixed now that the update broke it?

Update: I just factory reset, wiping everything I had set up on the thing, and it did nothing to fix the problem. I pick 1080 and it doesn't change the screen at all now.

I think I just want my money back. The update just turned it into a piece of shit.

johnequickiii, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
15-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Yeah, this "fix" needs fixing, John. My previous Antutu score was over 5000, now I can't even hit 3000.
Are we still being considered as beta testers?

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
15-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't know. Probably.

I used to be excited about this thing, but after owning one for a while then this update crap, I think I'm done with it.

Time to buy one that really works like it's supposed to, if any of them at all do.

johnequickiii, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
15-03-2013, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 03:35 PM by ninjazin.)
Sv: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
To get rid of the annoying airpin message you need to be rooted. I was (am) and uninstalled airpin and then installed using aptoide (since its a paid app in the play store). Small, but annoying mistake.

Also I now noticed that the color correction setting under HDMI resets after reboot.

And to, sort of anyways, answer the question about where the update came from: It's downloaded to the system partition and ends up in a subfolder named uptek

Telegraphed from my i9300

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.