• 0 Votes - 0 Average
PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
17-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Re: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
Or just switch off the wifi Wink

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
18-03-2013, 12:04 AM
RE: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
Angry I updated Equiso, it took several tries, but it finally finished and now it won't restart stuck on boot screen, no circle and stuck in boot loop every 30 seconds. seriously, great F___ job! And i can't even do factory restore because, that useless button on the stick does nothing. So, now i have $100 paper weight!!! Unless someone from community figured out how to reset it?

John (from Equiso), you keep defending the company, how do you defend a company that keeps letting you down on every turn, we got a update that's 4 months late and now this is what most of us has to look forward to, a BRICK STICK, thanks to official OTA update that Equiso released.

Angry Undecided Angry

nim420, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.
18-03-2013, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2013 05:29 AM by ninjazin.)
Sv: RE: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
(18-03-2013 12:04 AM)nim420 Wrote:  Angry I updated Equiso, it took several tries, but it finally finished and now it won't restart stuck on boot screen, no circle and stuck in boot loop every 30 seconds. seriously, great F___ job! And i can't even do factory restore because, that useless button on the stick does nothing. So, now i have $100 paper weight!!! Unless someone from community figured out how to reset it?

John (from Equiso), you keep defending the company, how do you defend a company that keeps letting you down on every turn, we got a update that's 4 months late and now this is what most of us has to look forward to, a BRICK STICK, thanks to official OTA update that Equiso released.

Angry Undecided Angry

Try wiping data through PC and ADB.
To connect and make the equiso driver install see the rooting post .
Then in cmd type:
ADb shell
Wipe data

This might get it to boot (I've done this a couple if times)

Telegraphed from my i9300

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
18-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Flash has stopped working with this update...

How can I undo the update? Help please.

Jason, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
18-03-2013, 09:34 PM
@Jason, Unfortunately you can't undo it now... its too late... Someone please prove me wrong...
19-03-2013, 10:22 AM
So, in all honesty, those of you who are having issues w/the latest OTA update are running an unmodified ROM or firmware? I'm not going to turn around and say "screw you—lol" it will just help trouble shoot the issue better.

Because we've been updating the sticks internally for customer returns and not one has had an issue yet and neither has the test models we have. Yet it seems everyone here is bricking theirs in some way and some of you do root them and stuff.

I've gotten no update or response from Adam about what changes were made precisely (apart from the cursor). He did say that he's aware of the Antutu performance hit and said it's a driver issue. A fix for it was made but the stick runs super hot so it's still being worked on. Nor do I have a solution for those stuck in a boot loop or just bricked sticks at the moment.

If flashing old firmware is possible through ADP (I'm not familiar w/this process at all) I'll try to find out or see if I can get you guys an older file.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
20-03-2013, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 05:18 AM by johnequickiii.)
Dude... If you can get the originally shipped Pro firmware file, that'd be great. I'll be happy with going back to that. At least it let me go 1080, unlike the update.

Not sure of the best way to put it back on the stick though. I can flash an update.zip through the recovery. I do have adb, but would need instructions on how to do it through that.
(19-03-2013 10:22 AM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  So, in all honesty, those of you who are having issues w/the latest OTA update are running an unmodified ROM or firmware? I'm not going to turn around and say "screw you—lol" it will just help trouble shoot the issue better.

Because we've been updating the sticks internally for customer returns and not one has had an issue yet and neither has the test models we have. Yet it seems everyone here is bricking theirs in some way and some of you do root them and stuff.

I've gotten no update or response from Adam about what changes were made precisely (apart from the cursor). He did say that he's aware of the Antutu performance hit and said it's a driver issue. A fix for it was made but the stick runs super hot so it's still being worked on. Nor do I have a solution for those stuck in a boot loop or just bricked sticks at the moment.

If flashing old firmware is possible through ADP (I'm not familiar w/this process at all) I'll try to find out or see if I can get you guys an older file.

johnequickiii, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
21-03-2013, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 01:52 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
Still working on getting something to reflash bricked systems.

But for those of you who do have working updates Hulu+ is now fully supported on the Pro's.

21-03-2013, 09:02 PM
(21-03-2013 01:50 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Still working on getting something to reflash bricked systems.

But for those of you who do have working updates Hulu+ is now fully supported on the Pro's.
Rolleyes Dicovered that HULU+ was working yesterday. I specifically Purchased the PRO for handle all my online streaming entertainiment needs when I travel. All I need now is for Crackel and CinemaNow serives to work on the Equiso PRO and all my streaming needs will be covered. I would still also like to see the Weather Underground App working on the PRO to stay up on weather conditions while traveling.

John thanks for keeping us informed and i know you guys are doing the best you can to make the Equiso into a top quality product.
21-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Does Crackle not work at at all for you or just the quality is low? I have it installed on my test Pro and it runs fine. Video quality is still not satisfactory but it's actually one of the better quality streaming services at the moment (compared to Netflix and HBO Go). I might be confusing it with Vudu tho (I dont use either service regularly personally).

I'm curious as to why apps like DailyMotion will play content flawlessly and in HD and other apps struggle. In Hulu's case our device had to be registered with them.