Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
22-03-2013, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 01:58 AM by bclark513.)
RE: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
(21-03-2013 11:40 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Does Crackle not work at at all for you or just the quality is low? I have it installed on my test Pro and it runs fine. Video quality is still not satisfactory but it's actually one of the better quality streaming services at the moment (compared to Netflix and HBO Go). I might be confusing it with Vudu tho (I dont use either service regularly personally).

I'm curious as to why apps like DailyMotion will play content flawlessly and in HD and other apps struggle. In Hulu's case our device had to be registered with them.
Crackle plays and the video quality is fine but since Crackle is supported by commercials every time the movie I am watching goes to commercial the movie goes back to the beginning every time after the commercials are done. As for CinemaNow I get a “TamperDetected” error every time I try to play a movie so maybe the PRO has to be registered with them too in order to be able play videos. as for VUDU I have had no problems with watching movies through that.
22-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Ok, thanks. Good to know.

I thought the Crackle thing was because I didn't have an account or something and it only gave me a preview.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
22-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Is there anything in this update that will work on the standard? i could extract the necessary files.
22-03-2013, 03:22 PM
To my knowledge the standard has received all the updates it's going to get and the Pro's will continued to be supported.

22-03-2013, 07:19 PM
So good news. We got an original ROM file and were able to restore a stick stuck in a boot loop. We're now letting the OTA run to make sure it doesn't happen again to it.

When that clears I'm gonna zip it up and upload it somewhere for you guys to download to reflash the ROM to the original. Might not happen till over the weekend cause I'm a bit busy and will be helping a friend move tomorrow day.

22-03-2013, 11:52 PM
(22-03-2013 07:19 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  So good news. We got an original ROM file and were able to restore a stick stuck in a boot loop. We're now letting the OTA run to make sure it doesn't happen again to it.

When that clears I'm gonna zip it up and upload it somewhere for you guys to download to reflash the ROM to the original. Might not happen till over the weekend cause I'm a bit busy and will be helping a friend move tomorrow day.
John, will this fix update to New firmware or old one? Also, instruction on re-flashing.

Thanks.

nim420, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.
23-03-2013, 05:30 PM
[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Liberation Sans, FreeSans, sans-serif]John, I just found this on Kickstarter page. What i am really interested in is the link that takes you to firmware file for Walmart or other retail in store release.[/font]

Interesting little thing I found on the interwebs today about this, someone isnt happy
http://pastebin.com/HXU6iMBL

Thanks.

nim420, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.
23-03-2013, 06:27 PM
It flashes the Pro back to it's original firmware, then the OTA update takes you up to the current firmware.

I would suggest you don't flash the WM firmware as the hardware is slightly different and you'll run the risk of causing more problems.

23-03-2013, 09:54 PM
(23-03-2013 06:27 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  It flashes the Pro back to it's original firmware, then the OTA update takes you up to the current firmware.

I would suggest you don't flash the WM firmware as the hardware is slightly different and you'll run the risk of causing more problems.
I just got the Original firmware from Equiso support (John if that was you Thanks!). Once I flash the stick to original firmware, should I update to OTA or wait for Fix to OTA?

thanks.

23-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Update to the OTA but just don't touch the stick at all during that process. We timed it and it shouldn't take more than 1/2hr tops for the whole thing. The d/l of the update is 10min in itself I think.

I was using a stick after a reflash and while it was d/l the update I was playing around w/it and caused it to reset. Didn't ruin anything but if it's that fickle I'd play it safe.