Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
13-03-2013, 05:58 PM
PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
Today when I started up my Equiso PRO there was a update notification so I decided to download it even though I thought that it might lead to loss of root.
However I´m happy to let you know that root is kept even after the update.

Changes I´ve seen so far include:
Mouse pointer arrow changed to a ball
1080p now works
Problems with the right part of the screen not being filled are gone (had a black vertical line at the far right prior to the update)
New setting for color correction under HDMI in settings

Perhaps you can post whatever changes you see in this thread

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
13-03-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
(13-03-2013 05:58 PM)ninjazin Wrote:  Today when I started up my Equiso PRO there was a update notification so I decided to download it even though I thought that it might lead to loss of root.
However I´m happy to let you know that root is kept even after the update.

Changes I´ve seen so far include:
Mouse pointer arrow changed to a ball
1080p now works
Problems with the right part of the screen not being filled are gone (had a black vertical line at the far right prior to the update)
New setting for color correction under HDMI in settings

Perhaps you can post whatever changes you see in this thread

Yeah, a lot of great stuff indeed Smile)

Further more I guess all of you noticed the chilly logo on the OTA update notification, the logo of Uptek Lajoin... because the Chinese pushed the update and not Equiso... They probably have no clue the update even happened ^^

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
13-03-2013, 06:21 PM
That's what the white smoke at the Vatican signaled today.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
13-03-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 07:01 PM by cutare.)
(13-03-2013 06:21 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  That's what the white smoke at the Vatican signaled today.

Well to be more precise the OTA update was available since yesterday when Vatican smoke was black... If you think about it it also make much more sense like that... Just hope to not see the same smoke coming out my TV after update...

(13-03-2013 05:58 PM)ninjazin Wrote:  Today when I started up my Equiso PRO there was a update notification so I decided to download it...

By the way, have you seen some OTA update download progress anywhere?

I tried to update last night and since couldn't track the update progress I switched TV input to STB and at some point the update failed without any warning and I got the same notification today again...

Now trying another update, how can I tell what is happening? Damn bored to watch same Equiso home screen for minutes...

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
13-03-2013, 07:14 PM
I've literally been up for 24 hours getting the box finalized for production since Adam is in China. I've lost track of time.

13-03-2013, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 07:29 PM by cutare.)
(13-03-2013 07:14 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  I've literally been up for 24 hours getting the box finalized for production since Adam is in China. I've lost track of time.

What do you mean by box? Box as in package or box as in bigger, better, shinner Equiso TV box replacing the failing stick?

Crap, update failed again... WDF Equiso you cannot even make an OTA update to work right???

13-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Sv: RE: PRO OTA update 2013-03-13
(13-03-2013 06:48 PM)cutare Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 06:21 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  That's what the white smoke at the Vatican signaled today.

Well to be more precise the OTA update was available since yesterday when Vatican smoke was black... If you think about it it also make much more sense like that... Just hope to not see the same smoke coming out my TV after update...

(13-03-2013 05:58 PM)ninjazin Wrote:  Today when I started up my Equiso PRO there was a update notification so I decided to download it...

By the way, have you seen some OTA update download progress anywhere?

I tried to update last night and since couldn't track the update progress I switched TV input to STB and at some point the update failed without any warning and I got the same notification today again...

Now trying another update, how can I tell what is happening? Damn bored to watch same Equiso home screen for minutes...

I have the status bar enabled so I could see the download progress. Wasn't that fast though so took a while even with my 100mbit connection.
But you'll notice when its ready as the device reboots

Telegraphed from my i9300

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
13-03-2013, 07:58 PM
(13-03-2013 07:27 PM)cutare Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 07:14 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  I've literally been up for 24 hours getting the box finalized for production since Adam is in China. I've lost track of time.

What do you mean by box? Box as in package or box as in bigger, better, shinner Equiso TV box replacing the failing stick?

Crap, update failed again... WDF Equiso you cannot even make an OTA update to work right???
Because you have an attitude I'm not going to tell you. I was, but now you've ruined it for everyone.

13-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Well just saw this thread so decided to check out this update, I did indeed get a message telling me there's an update but with no status bar I'm not sure if its even downloading, been almost half hour now, Ill let you guys know if it ever finishes.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
13-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Well, lessee...he's a graphic designer.... and fixing the Equiso will probably take more than artistic skills... so I'm going with "package redesign".

brainmist, feeling pretty stupid for having invested in "making my dumb TV smart" with Equiso. Next time I'll just shove my TV in a closet with a bottle of cheap Scotch and an old laptop. My results won't be any worse, and I'll only be out a bottle of cheap Scotch.