Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Partial implementation of BiggiFi?
21-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Partial implementation of BiggiFi?
It does not come up under forum or web search but BiggiFi is partially implemented. The only key feature missing is the KB. What needs to be done to get BiggiFi fully working.

Lokifish Marz, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Aug 2013.
22-08-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: Partial implementation of BiggiFi?
@Lokifish Marz:
Please explain why you think BiggiFi is or could be implemented on the Equiso?

As far as I can tell, the Biggifi/Viewlink Host is a hardware equivalent of an Android TV stick/box like the Equiso.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
22-08-2013, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 09:30 PM by Lokifish Marz.)
BiggiFi files are in my dump of the system partition. For example /system/bin/biggifi_server. Equiso support emailed me back and they acknowledge that it's not fully implemented. Hopefully we will see a fix soon.

Lokifish Marz, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Aug 2013.
23-08-2013, 11:02 AM
@Lokifish Marz: Thanks for the partial clarification. Does this mean that Equiso or Uptek have negotiated with Viewlink to include BiggiFi functionality in the Equiso stick?

What improvement do you expect to see if and when the BiggiFi code is fully implemented?

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
23-08-2013, 03:14 PM
The remote, although nice, is limited in range and the pointer can be frustrating at times. Droidmote works fine except that special character input does not work when typing and costs money. Biggifi works ok but there is no keyboard input.
In all three cases there is something that requires that you switch back and forth between input methods, this is far from ideal. Seeing that BiggiFi is already partially implemented, getting KB input working would provide an alternative method for controlling the Equiso.
I would dev on the Equiso and look into fixing it but already have a ton of ongoing projects across multiple devices. If anybody wants to play with it, install the Biggifi app on your phone/tablet and you will see what I mean.

25-08-2013, 11:51 PM
(23-08-2013 03:14 PM)Lokifish Marz Wrote:  The remote, although nice, is limited in range and the pointer can be frustrating at times. Droidmote works fine except that special character input does not work when typing and costs money. Biggifi works ok but there is no keyboard input.
In all three cases there is something that requires that you switch back and forth between input methods, this is far from ideal. Seeing that BiggiFi is already partially implemented, getting KB input working would provide an alternative method for controlling the Equiso.
I would dev on the Equiso and look into fixing it but already have a ton of ongoing projects across multiple devices. If anybody wants to play with it, install the Biggifi app on your phone/tablet and you will see what I mean.
Saw this. Going to try and download the biggifi.apk from the play store. I'll let you know if I get it to work.

breakburrough, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Aug 2013.
03-09-2013, 08:54 PM
After trying to get biggifi to work, I quit and settled on droidmote. Doesn't have all the same features that biggifi says they have and the droidmote ui sucks. But atleast it works.

breakburrough, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Aug 2013.