Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please explain the purpose of this...
20-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Please explain the purpose of this...
Hi,

I'm reading about this rooting and stuff... but I don't understand anything because I'm dumb ass Blush

I would only like for you smart guys to explain what are the benefits of this hacks (rooting and stuff...) so that the rest of us dumb asses can drool and wish we are also smart... Big Grin

What can you get more out of equiso hdmi dongle by doing this...?

TNX!

bezkintos, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
21-10-2012, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2012 04:27 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
RE: Please explain the purpose of this...
Tons. U get full control of the file system. You can make changes to the OS to make persistent settings, scripting, System tweaks, and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Most would use rooted apps like adBlock/adAway, root explorer, backup software, etc.

Do a search and I'm sure there are lots of topics on benefits of rooting.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
21-10-2012, 11:31 AM
OK. Thank you for explanation!

bezkintos, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
23-10-2012, 02:30 PM
There's also some network filesharing apps, like Samba Filesharing, that require root access to function properly.