Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plex, Hulu and Netflix
19-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Plex, Hulu and Netflix
Plex was a featured app when I first backed this project and Hulu Plus and Netflix are on the box cover. Plex does not seem to want to stream a video, Hulu Plus claims to not support the device and Netflix is unusable. Please tell me that the update will fix a lot of these problems. I backed 4 of them just for these 3 Apps. Any help will be greatly appreciated...
19-10-2012, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 03:57 PM by Devious.)
RE: Plex, Hulu and Netflix
I share your disappointment. I don't know if software updates will help or not because the hardware is slow, but I'm keeping my hopes up for now. I can't help with Hulu or Plex but if you do want to make Netflix more useble you can log in to your account on http://www.netflix.com and go to the account settings and lower the streaming quality to the lowest setting. This will not help with the menu being slow to load but once you manage to select a movie it will stream properly after the setting is changed.

Devious

Devious
20-10-2012, 04:06 AM
(19-10-2012 02:15 PM)Chapindad Wrote:  Plex was a featured app when I first backed this project and Hulu Plus and Netflix are on the box cover. Plex does not seem to want to stream a video, Hulu Plus claims to not support the device and Netflix is unusable. Please tell me that the update will fix a lot of these problems. I backed 4 of them just for these 3 Apps. Any help will be greatly appreciated...
Yup - double down on the disappointment here. The netflix menu is seriously slow - playback is decent though with a few hiccups in the middle..For a major tech kickstarter project - these guys have achieved some major points for being able to a.) deliver a major device on-time b.) provide support and real humans that respond to general gripes which is more than to expect for other similar kickstarter projects. Ill cut some slack for first adopter expectations. Not sure whether rooting or a software update would lead to any significant performance improvements.

Ill say this though Equiso would do a huge favor to first adopters if they provide a rebate / discount when they bring out their pro version. Make the pro version 69.99 for all current equiso owners and you will be the darling of all our living room lives - because Im pretty sure the hardware on the pro version will stand up to anything...still not willing to dish out a benjamin for it though.

And that is my proverbial 0.02

/\ \/
20-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I believe the pro model Dual core A9 and 1gb ram will fix much of these problems... Luckily i backed 2pros and 1 standard.

If i knew that i would have backed all 3 pro models..
22-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Just loaded "NFL Rewind" and had no real hope that it would work after all the other video players not working. But it works great. So I am hopeful that an update will fix all my problems. The only reason why I am disappointed is that Netflix, Hulu and Plex where all advertised apps for the device. They claim that Hulu is certifying the device now, which I am okay with that as long as it works once it is certified.

I still love the device and have no regrets in backing it. Once they fix a few performance issues, I will be extremely happy.
23-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Just got mine and tried Plex over remote WiFi and the video wouldnt load! My Equiso goes very slow while downloading apps, so i thought i'd try again later. Haven't gotten around to it yet...