Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pro remote 100% identical to standard. No improvement to usb.
09-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Pro remote 100% identical to standard. No improvement to usb.
Just popped open the pro remote and it still has the crappy cold solder points plus some nice corrosion on the battery leads. Usb port type seems to be the same surface mount.

Same old remote. Where are the improvements ?

[Image: yhu4uje5.jpg]

[Image: ehy2eras.jpg]

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
10-01-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: Pro remote 100% identical to standard. No improvement to usb.
Yours looks bad compared to mine =/

Does it really matter so long as it works? I very much doubt that it can get worse... Not like the wires shake and move around a lot.

tkoreaper, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
10-01-2013, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 03:00 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
RE: Pro remote 100% identical to standard. No improvement to usb.
(10-01-2013 01:13 AM)tkoreaper Wrote:  Yours looks bad compared to mine =/

Does it really matter so long as it works? I very much doubt that it can get worse... Not like the wires shake and move around a lot.
Yes, it matters. My first Standard Equiso had a loose USB port that popped off on the first plugin for charging.
Now, we brought this to Equiso's attention and they said they were revising the hardware and they said the failure rate isn't that high. This is my 3rd Equsio (2-Stds, 1-Pro) and all of them have really shotty workmanship. If Equiso is trying to build a company that they can stand behind they need to know about this and actually do something about it. If not, why should the community continue to hack and fix their device for free? I mind as well just buy a cheaper and faster chinese android stick and hack on that and expect crappy workmanship.

Here's the original thread regarding my Standard Remote that had the bad USB port. I'm sure we will hear the complaints more as the Pro is actually usable so people will charge their remotes more and the usb port will fail faster. I believe the failure rate was much lower on the Standard unit cause most people gave up on after a few days or 1 or 2 charge cycles on the remote.

http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-USB-Po...-on-remote

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks