Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remote poor finish
30-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Remote poor finish
Just received my Pro in the UK and the remote looks like the gloss finish was applied on top of dirt. The are lumps and blemishes in the finish. Overall very poor quality. Anyone else have this?

leeandy1, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
30-01-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Remote poor finish
(30-01-2013 01:46 PM)leeandy1 Wrote:  Just received my Pro in the UK and the remote looks like the gloss finish was applied on top of dirt. The are lumps and blemishes in the finish. Overall very poor quality. Anyone else have this?
Can you post a photo of it?

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
30-01-2013, 04:03 PM
In a word no. I have tried but due to the gloss finish you cant see the problem.

leeandy1, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
31-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Here is a pic of the remote:    

31-01-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 02:17 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
If it's just cosmetic problems and Dan can't help (we're short on supply at the moment) I'll swap it out with my personal one if you want to send yours back. PM me.

Yours is the first I've ever seen in all the ones that have come through looking like that.

31-01-2013, 02:24 PM
(31-01-2013 02:15 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  If it's just cosmetic problems and Dan can't help (we're short on supply at the moment) I'll swap it out with my personal one if you want to send yours back. PM me.

Yours is the first I've ever seen in all the ones that have come through looking like that.
Dan all but called be a liar as he personally checked mine before despatch. When questioned about that fact has stopped responding to my emails. Its not a case of can't but won't help! I will return mine to Equiso once I have a replacement as it renders my stick useless without it. As per usual disgusting customer service from the Equiso team.

31-01-2013, 03:06 PM
(31-01-2013 02:24 PM)leeandy1 Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 02:15 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  If it's just cosmetic problems and Dan can't help (we're short on supply at the moment) I'll swap it out with my personal one if you want to send yours back. PM me.

Dan all but called be a liar as he personally checked mine before despatch. When questioned about that fact has stopped responding to my emails. Its not a case of can't but won't help! I will return mine to Equiso once I have a replacement as it renders my stick useless without it. As per usual disgusting customer service from the Equiso team.
I'm personally offering to swap my remote out w/yours as soon as you PM me. We don't have stacks of replacements on hand at the moment so this is the best I could do for you.

31-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I guess Dan got back to you. Didn't know you were in the UK so there's a bit of a time difference on maybe why he didn't respond back right away when you emailed at 3am.

You still haven't PM'd me yet continued to post on the KS page during that same time about your problem? Did you want it resolved?

01-02-2013, 07:08 AM
(31-01-2013 04:39 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  I guess Dan got back to you. Didn't know you were in the UK so there's a bit of a time difference on maybe why he didn't respond back right away when you emailed at 3am.

You still haven't PM'd me yet continued to post on the KS page during that same time about your problem? Did you want it resolved?
John thank you for the kind offer however I would prefer a new one rather than your personal remote. With out dragging this all up which I'm sure Equiso don't want firstly let me put a few things straight. I have had other issues with Dan that I am not going to bring up but as for the comment that it may have been 3am, he was responding to me and basically just disregarded my issue and wouldn't entertain it. No I haven't PM'd you as I was waiting for an email response from Equiso. Yes I did still post to the KS page as I have other projects I am backing and follow those closely. I don't constantly follow this forum.

So thank you again for the offer but Dan has assured me he will send a replacement.

10-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Just an update for you all, I'm still waiting for my replacement remote but at least the one I have works.

I must just give a shout out to John. Thanks for slagging me off to another backer. Yes I did turn down your offer of a second hand replacement but I did not "crap on everything" I have had constant lies from Dan he failed to recognise my issue so I was left no option but to take the childish course of action I did. As you said in you email to the other backer the Equiso team have not helped themselves and communication is key in any business these days. I am saddened but not surprised you chose to slag me off. To be honest I don't care what you think of me. All I want is what I backed and even you admitted that isnt what we got.

At the end of the day Equisos venture into the retail world will be tarnished by their attitude to their backers. Like you say a quick google search will bring up the forums and kickstarter page, its then up to the consumer what they believe.