Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Was adjusting settings, now will not boot
10-01-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 04:16 PM by YoYo-Pete.)
I got my unit yesterday. Plugged it in and it works. Great. I associated my google account. Changed resolution to 1080. Was just looking at options in the menu, changed one of them.

Now I'm not sure what I changed as I toggled it and it immediately went off. Not sure if it was the menu option, or coincidentally crashed right then.

When I plug it in, the light flickers like it's reading firmware, then just goes off.

If I had some screens of the menus, I could probably figure out which one I was toying with. Note that it wasnt anything that I would think would change the output to a non-compatible display. Plus I think if that was the case I would have a light on and no display and not a non-lit unit.

At this point, I'm not sure what I should do. Any ideas?

Nunquam Imparatum - Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
10-01-2013, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 05:11 PM by kewlmonk.)
RE: Help! Was adjusting settings, now will not boot
you could try flashing the beta firmware, all though i don't see much info so on it so
A. Not sure if its compatible with the pro model or not
B. Not sure if it will actually wipe or just "dirty" flash over the old one which wont reset any of your settings.

i think usb debugging was on by default but im not sure if you will be able to adb into it

Edit-

you could try this root method - http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-ADB-Sh...oot-method

see if you can adb in and then factory reset
10-01-2013, 06:31 PM
I can ADB into it. I rooted it.

What I really want to do is run "recovery --wipe_data"

But I receive a Segmentation fault because it has to be run from the device on recovery boot up.

How can I do that or the equivalent?

I could flash new firmware, but want to know if the beta is pro compatible. Should be. I'd have 1 firmware for both devices if I was doing it.

Either way, firmware is not going to wipe the settings. But I guess at this point I'm not sure if my firmware dumped or if I turned on something that made it not work. I guess I could pull the default.prop and load the new one and see. :/

At least the device isnt bricked.

10-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Re: Help! Was adjusting settings, now will not boot
You can push the default pro build.prop I have in my Sig.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
11-01-2013, 04:16 PM
After I rooted it worked again. so consider it solved I guess. :/

11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
(11-01-2013 04:16 PM)YoYo-Pete Wrote:  After I rooted it worked again. so consider it solved I guess. :/

What was the fix? Factory reset?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
14-01-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: [SOLVED] Was adjusting settings, now will not boot
I'm not sure... I tried "recovery --wipe_data" from ADB shell but it failed. All I did was root it, then try the wipe. It just worked after that. Booted up fine. Before it was not even getting the boot screen. No video output at all and no light.

08-02-2013, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 01:04 AM by MDLFS.)
RE: [SOLVED] Was adjusting settings, now will not boot
Hi guys,

Similar problem here. Switched the resolution to 1920x1080, this failed, I now get no image whatsoever on my TV. I would love to try your root method to resolve this, but I did not enable USB debugging before this problem happened, leaving me with no way to enable USB debugging and access it via ADB....

Any help? Hoping I haven't rendered this thing useless just by changing resolution.

Thanks in advance for any help..

EDIT: I managed to get an ADB driver installed for the device, which allowed me to use Devious' root method, and the device has now reverted to 720p. Thanks for the info I found here.

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.