Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Select" button??
20-02-2013, 09:31 PM
"Select" button??
Got my Pro today after waiting with baited breath through all the trials and delays.
Plugged the remote in, charged it and the blue light came on so I presume this means it is "charged".
Plugged the Equiso into the TV, plugged the power into it and turned it all on.
Get the "Home" screen with 5 icons across the bottom.
On line info says to hit the "Select" button to get the on screen mouse.
I tried every key front and back without success.
Can someone tell me which is the select button so I don't wear all the buttons out while trying to get this working?
I assume I should be able to do some on screen stuff right off the hope regardless of WiFi connection or operation? I mean initially, the remote talks directly to the HDMI unit, right?
Thanks
Richard

greybeard38, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
21-02-2013, 02:20 AM
RE: "Select" button??
The "Select" button should be the center button of the up/down/left/right group, or the "OK" button on the keyboard side.

But you have to plug the RF dongle into the USB port on the stick first!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
21-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Now that I know this all, thanks to the helpful users here (NOT to Equiso) I plugged the donggle in, and away we went!
When I first opened the box, the keyboard was facing up and I was not initially aware there were buttons on both sides of the remote, so could not figure out where the "Select" button was.
Too bad (for me) there was not some basic install information. Even the diagram on a site was incomplete.
Anyway, bottom line is I got it working and now to see what It can do for me.
Thanks to all.
Richard

greybeard38, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
21-02-2013, 05:37 PM
The final version of the firmware will include a brief introductory tutorial upon boot and future sticks will have the dongle already installed to avoid confusion.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
21-02-2013, 08:18 PM
@EquisoGD_John:
They should promote you to Tech Support, double your current salary, and ship the sticks in plain brown boxes!

Seriously, John, I for one appreciate the attention you are giving to us users on this Forum.

Without your voice here, we could swear Equiso has disappeared into a black hole. No updates, no emails, just dead silence.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
22-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Thanks.

Wish it was just all happening sooner since I can understand everyones frustration. I was telling another member that some of you do have far more patience than me when it comes to dealing with support issues.

Hopefully everything is straightened out real soon between firmware and shipping/exchanges.

22-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Re: "Select" button??
Are we expecting any ota update by this week?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
23-02-2013, 12:25 AM
(22-02-2013 10:30 PM)Niko Wrote:  Are we expecting any ota update by this week?

I have not heard anything new about when an update is being released. I kept asking to release the 720p fix at the least, but I was told that while it fixed the video quality issue it broke Bluetooth or something. Hense the delay still.

So I probably shouldn't have said anything in the first place, but at least you know what I know.

23-02-2013, 02:09 AM
(23-02-2013 12:25 AM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 10:30 PM)Niko Wrote:  Are we expecting any ota update by this week?

I have not heard anything new about when an update is being released. I kept asking to release the 720p fix at the least, but I was told that while it fixed the video quality issue it broke Bluetooth or something. Hense the delay still.

So I probably shouldn't have said anything in the first place, but at least you know what I know.
@EquisoGD_John: I know your trying to keep things civil here and update us as you find out. But the reality is how hard is it to be truthful? Just post up a update and say hey guys we have a fix for 720p but it breaks bluetooth. Here's the file if you want to BETA test. That is what BETA testing is about. Many of us could care less if Bluetooth is broken. Poor communication. So, sad to see this in such a tiny company. You normally only expect this kind of crap from a huge company.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
23-02-2013, 04:31 PM
I'll bring that point up. I'm sure Adam has his reasons, but perhaps figuring out why patching the video breaks BT is one of them.

The fact that we are such a tiny company is part of the reason things are taking longer than they probably should. We don't have the resources at our disposal like they do.