Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So are there going to be more updated for the Pro?
22-03-2013, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 03:46 PM by Us3r.)
So are there going to be more updated for the Pro?
Man I hate calling it the "pro", there is nothing pro about it lol can we rename it to the Equiso Woe?

Anyways, is there going to be any more updates? I fear there won't be as the pro we got is probably dead and the 'real' pro will be a completely different device so why would the bother updating this one further?

I'm just curious if there is still a shred of hope for this thing or not.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
22-03-2013, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 09:49 AM by jschall.)
RE: So are there going to be more updated for the Pro?
I'm guessing "No".

The a-holes at Equiso have had their fun at our expense in our time and our money.

And now they have $1.8M of other people's money to spend, so I don't think they are going to right their wrongdoings.

We their backers and customers have to put this sad episode behind us. There are better ways to spend our time and money.

Enjoy the Spring! It should be here anytime now.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
22-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Yes. I was told there are a couple more updates coming for the Pro in the next few weeks.

Jeff, keep it up and I'll just stop being the one person trying to actually help here altogether.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
22-03-2013, 03:44 PM
(22-03-2013 10:38 AM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Yes. I was told there are a couple more updates coming for the Pro in the next few weeks.

Jeff, keep it up and I'll just stop being the one person trying to actually help here altogether.
Well I hope those updates actually resolve issues instead of creating more issues.

But John, you know Jeff is right? right? What they did to us was wrong and pretty much fraud, we have every right to fight and I for one won't stop untill either the money is back in my account or I have been given the 'real' - the Equiso Smart TV Pro, not the UpTek Generic Android Stick with Equiso painted on it - because thats what I paid for, not what I received.

I know you've taken alot of heat here and you personally dont deserve it but you're the face of Equiso right now as the rest of them are hiding in their holes so who else are people going to vent their frustrations at? You're a brave guy, I'll give you that John.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
22-03-2013, 06:10 PM
(22-03-2013 03:44 PM)Us3r Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 10:38 AM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Yes. I was told there are a couple more updates coming for the Pro in the next few weeks.

Well I hope those updates actually resolve issues instead of creating more issues.

But John, you know Jeff is right? right? What they did to us was wrong and pretty much fraud, we have every right to fight and I for one won't stop untill either the money is back in my account or I have been given the 'real' - the Equiso Smart TV Pro, not the UpTek Generic Android Stick with Equiso painted on it - because thats what I paid for, not what I received.

I know you've taken alot of heat here and you personally dont deserve it but you're the face of Equiso right now as the rest of them are hiding in their holes so who else are people going to vent their frustrations at? You're a brave guy, I'll give you that John.
Yea, I've fully acknowledged they screwed on here before. I think things have been moving a lot quicker w/us as of late compared to the past few months. I can't make Adam post on KS or respond to emails. Calling all of us assholes and saying we've abandoned backers certainly isn't constructive considering how I've been nothing but open, and I would hope helpful, to Jeff and others here at the risk of my own job.

It's good that you guys get someone who's at Equiso to vent to. I've always passed along every concern and query but it's not me doing the coding or making it happen so it's out of my control on that level. I don't know how many of you are coders for Android but I have no idea how long it takes to implement fixes or to talk with developers and content providers to get the devices registered correctly for their systems.

22-03-2013, 06:47 PM
@EquisoGD_John: My apology - I did not intend to include you as one of the "a-holes" at Equiso. I don't consider you part of Equiso at all. Maybe you shouldn't either, if you value your own reputation.

Thanks for all the support you have been able to provide!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
22-03-2013, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 07:37 PM by Us3r.)
(22-03-2013 06:10 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 03:44 PM)Us3r Wrote:  

Yea, I've fully acknowledged they screwed on here before. I think things have been moving a lot quicker w/us as of late compared to the past few months. I can't make Adam post on KS or respond to emails. Calling all of us assholes and saying we've abandoned backers certainly isn't constructive considering how I've been nothing but open, and I would hope helpful, to Jeff and others here at the risk of my own job.

It's good that you guys get someone who's at Equiso to vent to. I've always passed along every concern and query but it's not me doing the coding or making it happen so it's out of my control on that level. I don't know how many of you are coders for Android but I have no idea how long it takes to implement fixes or to talk with developers and content providers to get the devices registered correctly for their systems.
You've been really good John, its the rest of Equiso I have a problem with, they act like they didnt even do anything wrong, they've shown no remorse, no attempts at making things right, their 'support' only makes excuses and thats only when they dont ignore you all together, its all just a big fuck you to us backers - thats what really pisses me off and I think thats understandable.

You get yelled at for the same reason the cashier at a store gets yelled at, you've got nothing to do with what they've done but you're the only representative of the company we're able to actually communicate with so you serve as the sounding board for all our frustrations.

I truly hope Equiso will make this right to us, without us backers they wouldnt be anywhere at all today, it is us that gave them this opportunity and I think we deserve a bit more respect.

Heck even EA, voted the most evil company of 2012, publicly apologized for SimCity 5 and gave a free game of your choice to anyone who bought it.

23-03-2013, 11:34 AM
only if equiso release the os source file..
23-03-2013, 12:09 PM
(23-03-2013 11:34 AM)Niko Wrote:  only if equiso release the os source file..
Like the screen shot attached? I was going to upload a fix for you all but some of you ruined it for others. So if you want us to reflash your dead Pro you'll have to send it back to for it to be done here.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

23-03-2013, 12:26 PM
That's nice. The only thing I've been looking forward to, and now nothing.

I'd have been happy just getting to fix my stick. So now I'm stuck with a worthless $99 nothing, just because everyone else has to start shit?

I'm so tired of being punished for everyone else's ignorance.

johnequickiii, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.