Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Suspicions Confirmed
18-12-2012, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 10:45 AM by jschall.)
Suspicions Confirmed
For what it's worth - I received this PM today from someone who calls himself "inside_equiso" on equisoforums.com":

"Jeff,

I know you will know what to do with the following information. It is only right backers know the truth of what Adam is doing.

Truth:

Adam pocketed a huge portion of the KS $. One of the co-founders is a

friend whom I have much respect for, upon finding this out, and

additional shady stuff, she distanced herself from Adam and the other

guy [Jeff]. Adam is a fraud.

He also had company profits dumping into his personal bank account.

The only hope for Equiso is to get a new CEO in there ASAP."

I subsequently received confirmation from the "friend" in question, who said:

"You asked for the truth and I refuse to lie. I still hold the title co-founder and my equity within the company however I seek to do business with honest partners - unfortunately I did not find this at equiso"

Suspicions confirmed?

inside_equiso also posted this info twice or three times on this Forum, and all were deleted. Why?

I have forwarded this information to Kickstarter so all interested backers can learn the sad truth. So it makes no sense to delete it here. If I post it on Facebook, it will surely be deleted.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
18-12-2012, 08:28 PM
RE: Suspicions Confirmed
(18-12-2012 07:27 PM)jschall Wrote:  I had deleted the 2 postings bc not everyone is a kickstarter backer on this forum so I figured it better to just message a backer.

**MODERATOR** PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS POST!

For what it's worth - I received this PM today from someone who calls himself "inside_equiso" on equisoforums.com":

"Jeff,

I know you will know what to do with the following information. It is only right backers know the truth of what Adam is doing.

Truth:

Adam pocketed a huge portion of the KS $. One of the co-founders is a

friend whom I have much respect for, upon finding this out, and

additional shady stuff, she distanced herself from Adam and the other

guy [Jeff]. Adam is a fraud.

He also had company profits dumping into his personal bank account.

The only hope for Equiso is to get a new CEO in there ASAP."

I subsequently received confirmation from the "friend" in question, who said:

"You asked for the truth and I refuse to lie. I still hold the title co-founder and my equity within the company however I seek to do business with honest partners - unfortunately I did not find this at equiso"

Suspicions confirmed?

inside_equiso also posted this info twice or three times on this Forum, and all were deleted. Why?

I have forwarded this information to Kickstarter so all interested backers can learn the sad truth. So it makes no sense to delete it here. If I post it on Facebook, it will surely be deleted.

inside_equiso, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
18-12-2012, 10:06 PM
It is time to do something, someone has to investigate them and close their doors or Adam will keep scamming people. It wasn't right from the beginning, the fancy video they posted, the fancy place where they showed up the device. My conclusion is this guy likes the good and easy life. They never showed what we really expected to see. Pocket TV project by the other hand had very nice and informative hands on videos about their device from the beginning, and skype was working in there.

~ V

If i helped, please hit REP+ button / My XDA Profile ~ YouTube channel
18-12-2012, 10:48 PM
(18-12-2012 10:06 PM)Veronica Wrote:  It is time to do something, someone has to investigate them and close their doors or Adam will keep scamming people. It wasn't right from the beginning, the fancy video they posted, the fancy place where they showed up the device. My conclusion is this guy likes the good and easy life. They never showed what we really expected to see. Pocket TV project by the other hand had very nice and informative hands on videos about their device from the beginning, and skype was working in there.

~ V
kind of funny how they blocked commenting on facebook, also deleted/hide any negative comment that was ever posted on there.

inside_equiso, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
19-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Im sure a lot of us aren't surprised. The only thing that keeps me hacking this POS is the fact that many other are stuck in the same boat. This project is no longer the stick to have when other faster and quicker sticks like the MK808 can be had for under $50. I've personally played with one and that unit makes me want to sell my Equiso! Even the Pro unit for $100 isn't a great deal anymore as the newer sticks are quad core cpu and quad core gpu!

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
19-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I also confirm that, I have also received PM from the user: inside_equiso
19-12-2012, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 10:40 AM by Niko.)
The same message. I am still not convinced... can any one from equiso confirm this?
Jeanine from equiso if you are reading this, please do confirm the truth.
19-12-2012, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 12:33 PM by jschall.)
(19-12-2012 10:34 AM)Niko Wrote:  The same message. I am still not convinced... can any one from equiso confirm this?
Like I said, I asked the "friend" for confirmation, and she provided it. Poor Jeanine...

(18-12-2012 10:06 PM)Veronica Wrote:  It is time to do something, someone has to investigate them and close their doors or Adam will keep scamming people.
I agree, Veronica - but what? They've got our money, and we've got (some of) their products.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
20-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Hello all,
Just very new to this forum, but I am very curious about this thread. I have an Equiso, that was DOA. I had several email conversations with Jeff and Dan about this. I actually sent the unit back to hear that is functioning perfectly. Well, it just came back today in the same state. It will not launch. Can anyone tell me, is this one of the issues people are having? Or are you guys still waiting for units? Sad
20-12-2012, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2012 02:45 AM by inside_equiso.)
(20-12-2012 12:13 AM)Poo-quiso Wrote:  Hello all,
Just very new to this forum, but I am very curious about this thread. I have an Equiso, that was DOA. I had several email conversations with Jeff and Dan about this. I actually sent the unit back to hear that is functioning perfectly. Well, it just came back today in the same state. It will not launch. Can anyone tell me, is this one of the issues people are having? Or are you guys still waiting for units? Sad
Still waiting on the Pro. They don't replace the broken one with a working one, all they do is just replace it with another non working one, that's nuts.

They have a big lawsuit coming their way. Adam is an absolute fraud. Sad thing is the company would be successful if he would just go away. The guy has no idea how to build a brand or a business, he has defrauded backers and the company.

Some other competitor will enter the space with a good product and will leave Equiso in the dust. Just watch.

(19-12-2012 12:20 PM)jschall Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 10:34 AM)Niko Wrote:  The same message. I am still not convinced... can any one from equiso confirm this?
Like I said, I asked the "friend" for confirmation, and she provided it. Poor Jeanine...

(18-12-2012 10:06 PM)Veronica Wrote:  It is time to do something, someone has to investigate them and close their doors or Adam will keep scamming people.
I agree, Veronica - but what? They've got our money, and we've got (some of) their products.
J is an amazing person and she will do something big, no doubt. She is super smart and well respected in the venture capital and startup world. This is just a bump in the road.

She still owns like 30% of the company and is a board member. She was smart to distance herself from Adam when she found out about his fraud. For her sake and her sake only I hope the company is successful so she can Eduardo Saverin the sh*t out of Adam and reveal him for the con artist he is.