Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Suspicions Confirmed
20-12-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: Suspicions Confirmed
(20-12-2012 02:40 AM)inside_equiso Wrote:  For her sake and her sake only I hope the company is successful so she can Eduardo Saverin the sh*t out of Adam and reveal him for the con artist he is.
If you were wondering what that means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduardo_Saverin
I wish "J" all the best, too. But she could have done more research into Adam's background and into the technology itself. There is absolutely nothing revolutionary about these Android sticks and boxes except perhaps the miniaturization and the cost reduction being made possible by Chinese developers and Chinese economics. The Pocket TV is no better as a Kickstarter project, but its Creator at least seems to be honest.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
20-12-2012, 10:48 PM
(20-12-2012 11:32 AM)jschall Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 02:40 AM)inside_equiso Wrote:  For her sake and her sake only I hope the company is successful so she can Eduardo Saverin the sh*t out of Adam and reveal him for the con artist he is.
If you were wondering what that means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduardo_Saverin
I wish "J" all the best, too. But she could have done more research into Adam's background and into the technology itself. There is absolutely nothing revolutionary about these Android sticks and boxes except perhaps the miniaturization and the cost reduction being made possible by Chinese developers and Chinese economics. The Pocket TV is no better as a Kickstarter project, but its Creator at least seems to be honest.
Sure and the same thing goes for the Kickstarter backers. We should have researched the product more, there are better options out there.

inside_equiso, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
21-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Thank you for this information, it's nice to know the truth. This whole deal had already soured my opinion of kickstarter and android hdmi sticks. It was very apparent to me that I'd been lied to and screwed out of my money but I was holding a little hope that I could at least make the piece of shit work well enough to be useful for something. I have come to the conclusion that the two equiso devices I ordered were not only a waste of my money but are also a waste of my time and I have moved on to other things. I still occasionally check this forum to see what the latest "update" from Equiso is because I find it stragely entertaining but it is unfortunate that these liars are still swindling people out of their money. I wish a large android news site like Droid-Life would pick this story up and alert the entire community to the scam called Equiso. Someone should put together a nice summary of what has gone on here and submit it to the android news websites to try and get the truth out.

Devious
21-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi, all. My name is John and I'm one of the graphic designers here at Equiso. I figured I'd chime in on how I've seen these guys work having only been here for 3 weeks. I only met Jeanine once, on the Friday I started, so I can't comment on her motives or personality regarding this scorched Earth approach at leaving a company. She was gone on her personal accord that following week. They've given me the brief backstory and I've seen her do a lot of damage and it's resulted in legal action being taken against her. And honestly you would think it's unprofessional and childish yourselves.

Adam, Jeff, Dan, Scott, Ying and I all are very dedicated to making this a great company. Jeff has even gone so far as to sell his dream car to raise more capital which, as a car guy myself, can say that is a hard thing to do and really shows he believes in this. I watch Dan document any returns that come in; from unboxing to boot-up and testing. And, as any owner would be, Adam is very protective of his company and truly wants to see that it is the best Android experience for users. To the same level as Apple even. And that won't happen over night as a start up.

I myself am working for free here since I'm unemployed. And only know these guys in the few weeks I've been here, so I've got nothing but my personal time and money invested in this. All I can say that they've treated me with a lot of respect and listened to ideas and have been very cool people to work with.And seeing as this is my first post here my words probably don't carry much water with you all.

But, believe me when I say that they are legitimately wanting to see this project go all the way and I wouldn't work for free if I didn't feel it was a good idea that deserves it. I've put in a lot of long days and weekends so that our new boxes and artwork show that this is a company that cares about giving the user a quality experience.

Jeanine may have that "insider" knowledge of things I don't. But what she's done that hasn't been said here is out of some personal vendetta and certainly wouldn't stem from the experience I've had with the team at Equiso so far.

Wish I could be flat out blunt with you guys but it's not my place to say and I'll leave that for Adam or Jeff to address personally.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
21-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Giving Adam equal time - here is his denial on Kickstarter:

"
Creator Equiso Smart TV about 2 hours ago
Wow!! The kickstarter world has come alive in the last 24 hours. The world is really ending. I'm going to be frank and candid. A rumor is going around about fraud and scam. This is the furthest from the truth. Some people are just out of control. Let me do a quick break down for everyone so that you know the kickstarter funds didn't even cover the cost of all the Equiso Smart TVs. We raised $241,000 on kickstarter of which about 10% went to kickstarter and amazon fees, which is $24,000. That left us with about $217,000. About 5000 units were purchased. Doing the math that meant we could put $43 to making each unit. With the cost of the the original and the Pros, it came out to more than $43 for each unit. Factor in shipping and now you know our true cost was well above what each unit cost to build. We knew that when we went to kickstarter we wouldn't make any money. Kickstarter for us was a marketing piece to let everyone know about our product and get the momentum rolling. It was to reward the early backers that believed in our cause. We have used our personal funds to pay the extra costs of the unit. We also upgraded our pro backers with a better unit that is dual core, dual gpu and extra ram. It makes all of us at Equiso hurt that someone is spreading lies about our company. We have had some misteps along the way and yes our website is still at equiso.myshopify.com. But we are working on trying to give great customer support, replace broken units, and grow our company. We were funded a while ago and we are still here answering your questions the best we can.
One last tid bit. If any of you have any concerns or questions, you can call us at 617-401-2490 or email me directly at adam@equiso.com. We are here for our backers and you call us about anything. If you need help setting up your equiso, want to rant, have a tip or just want to give feedback.
- Adam"

So, @equiso_jeanine, @inside_equiso - Is this indeed a "personal vendetta" against Equiso?

The truth is out there somewhere. Do we have to wait for the attorneys to find it?

Jeff Schallenberg
21-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Hello all. This is Dan over here at Equiso Smart TV heading up Sales and Support. I have been here since day one with Jeff and Adam to build this company. To this date I have not accepted any reimbursement or payment/salary for my hard work. The company needs as much cash as possible to maintain afloat for necessary expenses. We truly have been working around the clock to take care of this company like a new born baby. There have been days where we have not left the office until 11pm to midnight working. There has been at times a large flow of questions and support related emails that take time to answer back and forth troubleshooting. I also intake any reported defective items to determine what has happened. I spend ample time to test the device fully and send it back running problem free.

There is nothing shady going on here at the home of Equiso Smart TV. You should never take to heart one persons theory of what a certain situation could be. We are a very open company, and have had other backers here to check us out to see first hand what we are doing. We are a tight family here in the office and our goal is to grow.

Everyone will receive their Pro reward soon once they ship from the warehouses. It is difficult to get everything 100% without a ton of money to work with as a start up. There are a lot of baby steps at first, and then everything grows faster from there. No worries, there is plenty of good stuff to come! We just ask that everyone keeps faith in us and try to be supportive!

Thanks!
21-12-2012, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 04:47 PM by jschall.)
So, equiso_jeanine has jumped ship, and Adam doesn't talk on this forum.

But two other insiders, EquisoGD_John and Equiso_Dan have kindly deigned to share some insights with us. Thanks, guys.

Now, can you PLEASE share what you can about the Equiso PRO? What are the hardware specs? All Adam has revealed is:
" dual core arm cortex a9 with 1gb ram, 8gb hdd and tf slot." No info on CPU clock speed, etc.?

And where's the bloody slow boat from China?

Jeff Schallenberg
21-12-2012, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 07:06 PM by inside_equiso.)
(21-12-2012 04:42 PM)jschall Wrote:  So, equiso_jeanine has jumped ship, and Adam doesn't talk on this forum.

But two other insiders, EquisoGD_John and Equiso_Dan have kindly deigned to share some insights with us. Thanks, guys.

Now, can you PLEASE share what you can about the Equiso PRO? What are the hardware specs? All Adam has revealed is:
" dual core arm cortex a9 with 1gb ram, 8gb hdd and tf slot." No info on CPU clock speed, etc.?

And where's the bloody slow boat from China?
Looks like Adam is disguising himself as his employees and posting on here. Word around the shared office space travels quickly between companies.

I informed J of this forum and she is not happy about the thread and asked I stop posting on here. I believe J any day and as I am told the graphic designer started approx 2 week ago, so of course he has true insight, laughable.

The vendetta theory makes absolutely no sense. She owns a huge portion of the company so why would she ever jeopardize that equity. The theory makes no sense. She wants nothing more than the company to be a huge success. At the same time I am sure she also wants the business run correctly.

Just admit to your wrongdoings, the truth comes out in the end.

I will respect her wishes and stop posting in regards to this matter. I have been permitted to confirm 3 truths on her behalf:
1. J is a co-founder of Equiso
2. J owns 30% of the company
3. J is on the board of directors for the company

She asks that we all respectfully stop discussing this matter and let attorneys handle it from here on out.

inside_equiso, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
21-12-2012, 07:19 PM
(21-12-2012 07:05 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 04:42 PM)jschall Wrote:  
Looks like Adam is disguising himself as his employees and posting on here. Word around the shared office space travels quickly between companies.

I informed J of this forum and she is not happy about the thread and asked I stop posting on here. I believe J any day and as I am told the graphic designer started approx 2 week ago, so of course he has true insight, laughable.

The vendetta theory makes absolutely no sense. She owns a huge portion of the company so why would she ever jeopardize that equity. The theory makes no sense. She wants nothing more than the company to be a huge success. At the same time I am sure she also wants the business run correctly.

I will respect her wishes and stop posting in regards to this matter. I have been permitted to confirm 3 truths on her behalf:

She asks that we all respectfully stop discussing this matter and let attorneys handle it from here on out.
I never said I had true insite, in fact I said I don't know the full story myself since I just started.

What sight I do have is the view of her empty chair for the past 3 weeks while she's off burning the bridges to this company you supposedly say she has 30% stake in and sits on the board of directors. Seems counter-productive of a shareholder and member of the board if you ask me.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
21-12-2012, 07:24 PM
(21-12-2012 07:19 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:05 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  Looks like Adam is disguising himself as his employees and posting on here. Word around the shared office space travels quickly between companies.

I never said I had true insite, in fact I said I don't know the full story myself since I just started.

What sight I do have is the view of her empty chair for the past 3 weeks while she's off burning the bridges to this company you supposedly say she has 30% stake in and sits on the board of directors. Seems counter-productive of a shareholder and member of the board if you ask me.
John,

Hence why the vendetta theory makes no sense. I know first hand that she has not been burning bridges in any way shape or form. I think the both of us should let the attorneys handle this before you and I get dragged into a lawsuit.

The truth will come out.