Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Suspicions Confirmed
21-12-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Suspicions Confirmed
(21-12-2012 07:24 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:19 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:05 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  Looks like Adam is disguising himself as his employees and posting on here. Word around the shared office space travels quickly between companies.

I informed J of this forum and she is not happy about the thread and asked I stop posting on here. I believe J any day and as I am told the graphic designer started approx 2 week ago, so of course he has true insight, laughable.

The vendetta theory makes absolutely no sense. She owns a huge portion of the company so why would she ever jeopardize that equity. The theory makes no sense. She wants nothing more than the company to be a huge success. At the same time I am sure she also wants the business run correctly.

Just admit to your wrongdoings, the truth comes out in the end.

I will respect her wishes and stop posting in regards to this matter. I have been permitted to confirm 3 truths on her behalf:
1. J is a co-founder of Equiso
2. J owns 30% of the company
3. J is on the board of directors for the company

She asks that we all respectfully stop discussing this matter and let attorneys handle it from here on out.
I never said I had true insite, in fact I said I don't know the full story myself since I just started.

What sight I do have is the view of her empty chair for the past 3 weeks while she's off burning the bridges to this company you supposedly say she has 30% stake in and sits on the board of directors. Seems counter-productive of a shareholder and member of the board if you ask me.
John,

Hence why the vendetta theory makes no sense. I know first hand that she has not been burning bridges in any way shape or form. I think the both of us should let the attorneys handle this before you and I get dragged into a lawsuit.

The truth will come out.
I say vendetta because I have heard the phone calls dealing with damage control left in her wake. But it's your word against mine. I put my info out in the open, you post behind this clandestine "inside equiso" name.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
21-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Curiouser and curiouser...

Another version from another anonymous poster on Kickstarter:

"
Jen S 31 minutes ago
I'm going to post this is the Equiso forum but I wanted to post it here too:
While new to this forum, I am not new to Equiso. I am one of the backers through Kickstart and Jeff is a friend of mine. I usually stay away from drama but in this situation I feel it's necessary to say a few words about Jeff. He is a stand-up guy who is not fake or pretentious. He definitely is NOT a fraud. I wouldn't have backed the project if I had any doubts. Jeff is not only a sound businessman, he is a dedicated father and loyal friend. He's also a veteran who honorably served our country. If Adam were a fraud, Jeff would not have made the sacrifices he has to help this company succeed.
What strikes me about this thread is the credibility given to an anonymous poster. People who hide behind the cloak of anonymity usually cannot be trusted. I found this to be the most suspicious post in this thread:
"J is an amazing person and she will do something big, no doubt. She is super smart and well respected in the venture capital and startup world. This is just a bump in the road.
She still owns like 30% of the company and is a board member. She was smart to distance herself from Adam when she found out about his fraud. For her sake and her sake only I hope the company is successful so she can Eduardo Saverin the sh*t out of Adam and reveal him for the con artist he is."
The chairman of the Board where I work (a non-profit) owns an investment firm and he was previously a minority owner of a major league baseball team. When things were going south for the franchise, and he had disagreements with the way it was being ran, he did NOT walk away and start bad mouthing the owner. He stayed intimately involved because, in his words, he "needed to protect (his) investment." If J is so amazing, she would have the good sense to protect her investment and 30% stake in the company! That she lacks this sense makes me question her business acumen and the claim that she is well-respected in the venture capital world.
Truly, this sounds like sour grapes. I have a sneaking suspicion that inside_equiso is J.
-Jen"
And I think Jen S is Adam.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
21-12-2012, 07:59 PM
(21-12-2012 07:33 PM)jschall Wrote:  Curiouser and curiouser...

Another version from another anonymous poster on Kickstarter:

"
Jen S 31 minutes ago
I'm going to post this is the Equiso forum but I wanted to post it here too:
While new to this forum, I am not new to Equiso. I am one of the backers through Kickstart and Jeff is a friend of mine. I usually stay away from drama but in this situation I feel it's necessary to say a few words about Jeff. He is a stand-up guy who is not fake or pretentious. He definitely is NOT a fraud. I wouldn't have backed the project if I had any doubts. Jeff is not only a sound businessman, he is a dedicated father and loyal friend. He's also a veteran who honorably served our country. If Adam were a fraud, Jeff would not have made the sacrifices he has to help this company succeed.
What strikes me about this thread is the credibility given to an anonymous poster. People who hide behind the cloak of anonymity usually cannot be trusted. I found this to be the most suspicious post in this thread:
"J is an amazing person and she will do something big, no doubt. She is super smart and well respected in the venture capital and startup world. This is just a bump in the road.
She still owns like 30% of the company and is a board member. She was smart to distance herself from Adam when she found out about his fraud. For her sake and her sake only I hope the company is successful so she can Eduardo Saverin the sh*t out of Adam and reveal him for the con artist he is."
The chairman of the Board where I work (a non-profit) owns an investment firm and he was previously a minority owner of a major league baseball team. When things were going south for the franchise, and he had disagreements with the way it was being ran, he did NOT walk away and start bad mouthing the owner. He stayed intimately involved because, in his words, he "needed to protect (his) investment." If J is so amazing, she would have the good sense to protect her investment and 30% stake in the company! That she lacks this sense makes me question her business acumen and the claim that she is well-respected in the venture capital world.
Truly, this sounds like sour grapes. I have a sneaking suspicion that inside_equiso is J.
-Jen"
And I think Jen S is Adam.
Jeff

Jen S is definitely Adam. No doubt about it. J doesn't need to post fake accounts, she was asked the truth by someone on this forum and gave a truthful answer. She hasn't said anything bad about Jeff so I do not see "Jen's" need to jump to his defense. I suggest we all let this play out in the courtroom and I am certain the truth will come out regarding the Kickstarter funds.

inside_equiso, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
21-12-2012, 08:00 PM
(21-12-2012 07:33 PM)jschall Wrote:  And I think Jen S is Adam.
See, this gives me the feeling you're not going to accept any explanation unless it's the one you want to hear. No matter who the source.

There are a lot of Equiso's out there and it's going to be showing up in a few major retail stores next year. I've been working on nothing but box designs and end cap displays and booth layouts for the past few weeks so they can meet these deadlines. Believe me that any lack of communication you may feel you're receiving is because it's been very, very busy in a good way here.

As for specs on the Pro models, It's not my place to say despite me wishing I could (that's Adam's call). All I can say is that it's going to be competitive and look impressive. Sounds generic, I know. Sorry.

21-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Hello all, my name is Carlos and I met both Adam and Jeff on a business trip back in august because I wanted to invest in their project and distribute it here in my country (Venezuela) we agreed to start doing business after they fulfilled all the kickstarter orders because they wanted to handle all that first as they thought that was their priority and responsibility. I visited their offices, and i just have to say that not even for a moment I have doubted about the way this company is being built. My first impression even was that they only cared for delivering the best experience possible.

Both Jeff and Adam have very good backgrounds both academic and professional and where very concerned on inviting me to check out as many things as possible about the company, they even gave me the chance to test drive a beta build of the product.

Theres simply nothing shady going on, this rumor pretends not only to hurt a company but also put in doubt the values, ethics and moral of hard working people.
21-12-2012, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 08:27 PM by inside_equiso.)
(21-12-2012 08:07 PM)pocho Wrote:  Hello all, my name is Carlos and I met both Adam and Jeff on a business trip back in august because I wanted to invest in their project and distribute it here in my country (Venezuela) we agreed to start doing business after they fulfilled all the kickstarter orders because they wanted to handle all that first as they thought that was their priority and responsibility. I visited their offices, and i just have to say that not even for a moment I have doubted about the way this company is being built. My first impression even was that they only cared for delivering the best experience possible.

Both Jeff and Adam have very good backgrounds both academic and professional and where very concerned on inviting me to check out as many things as possible about the company, they even gave me the chance to test drive a beta build of the product.

Theres simply nothing shady going on, this rumor pretends not only to hurt a company but also put in doubt the values, ethics and moral of hard working people.
Let the attorneys handle it, the truth will come out.

(21-12-2012 07:32 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:24 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:19 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:05 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  Looks like Adam is disguising himself as his employees and posting on here. Word around the shared office space travels quickly between companies.

I informed J of this forum and she is not happy about the thread and asked I stop posting on here. I believe J any day and as I am told the graphic designer started approx 2 week ago, so of course he has true insight, laughable.

The vendetta theory makes absolutely no sense. She owns a huge portion of the company so why would she ever jeopardize that equity. The theory makes no sense. She wants nothing more than the company to be a huge success. At the same time I am sure she also wants the business run correctly.

Just admit to your wrongdoings, the truth comes out in the end.

I will respect her wishes and stop posting in regards to this matter. I have been permitted to confirm 3 truths on her behalf:
1. J is a co-founder of Equiso
2. J owns 30% of the company
3. J is on the board of directors for the company

She asks that we all respectfully stop discussing this matter and let attorneys handle it from here on out.
I never said I had true insite, in fact I said I don't know the full story myself since I just started.

What sight I do have is the view of her empty chair for the past 3 weeks while she's off burning the bridges to this company you supposedly say she has 30% stake in and sits on the board of directors. Seems counter-productive of a shareholder and member of the board if you ask me.
John,

Hence why the vendetta theory makes no sense. I know first hand that she has not been burning bridges in any way shape or form. I think the both of us should let the attorneys handle this before you and I get dragged into a lawsuit.

The truth will come out.
I say vendetta because I have heard the phone calls dealing with damage control left in her wake. But it's your word against mine. I put my info out in the open, you post behind this clandestine "inside equiso" name.
You have heard calls? That is pretty unprofessional of them and puts you in the middle of this as well.

My thoughts would be to have Adam show his financial statements and it will be obvious that video games, dinners and trips to the grocery stores several times a week are not what the backers wanted their funds used for and profits streaming into his personal bank account. Personally, that is just a sketchy way to run a business.

Unless the backers would rather financially support Adam's personal expenses rather than receive a device that works properly with all the bells and whistles we were originally promised.

You may want to change your moniker, unless you want to be subpoenaed in a lawsuit. I hope the company co-founders, Adam Jeff and J can make this a success. I suggest we all stop talking as your disclosure of incoming purchase orders doesn't help the situation as I understand the (3) founders together are needed for sign off on all PO's and investments.

inside_equiso, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
21-12-2012, 08:20 PM
(21-12-2012 08:12 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  Let the attorneys handle it, the truth will come out.
You're the one on here putting it in the open. Now that we're discussing it and hearing different sides you don't want to talk about it anymore?

Pick your battles.

21-12-2012, 08:29 PM
(21-12-2012 08:20 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 08:12 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  Let the attorneys handle it, the truth will come out.
You're the one on here putting it in the open. Now that we're discussing it and hearing different sides you don't want to talk about it anymore?

Pick your battles.
Not picking a battle here, just disclosing the truth. I offered a simple solution as well. Since we both only have limited insight I suggest we not talk on the subject any longer as I have been informed both parties are represented by attorneys.

21-12-2012, 09:04 PM
(21-12-2012 08:29 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  Not picking a battle here, just disclosing the truth. I offered a simple solution as well. Since we both only have limited insight I suggest we not talk on the subject any longer as I have been informed both parties are represented by attorneys.
So you have limited insight yet came here to "disclose the truth"? You have Jeff post this to a public forum then, when confronted about it by people who work there, back down and say it should be left to the lawyers.

But, if we're throwing conspiracy theories out there and basing them as fact then I think the insider and Jeanine are one in the same! I want IP addresses.

21-12-2012, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 09:20 PM by inside_equiso.)
(21-12-2012 09:04 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 08:29 PM)inside_equiso Wrote:  Not picking a battle here, just disclosing the truth. I offered a simple solution as well. Since we both only have limited insight I suggest we not talk on the subject any longer as I have been informed both parties are represented by attorneys.
So you have limited insight yet came here to "disclose the truth"? You have Jeff post this to a public forum then, when confronted about it by people who work there, back down and say it should be left to the lawyers.

But, if we're throwing conspiracy theories out there and basing them as fact then I think the insider and Jeanine are one in the same! I want IP addresses.
I think the truth would be best solved if adam just disclosed the financials. Scott Crump clearly lined out that the #'s just don't add up.

In regards to IP: I am not currently in Cambridge or anywhere near the city at the moment. According to J's recent Facebook check in she is in Cambridge.

Honestly, I think we should respect her wishes and not discuss this anymore. While you may have no issues with getting pulled into an expensive lawsuit, I do.