Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Suspicions Confirmed
23-12-2012, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 08:29 AM by Devious.)
RE: Suspicions Confirmed
(22-12-2012 11:47 PM)equiso_jeanine Wrote:  ** NIKO - may I ask you to delete this thread. It is filled with pure here-say and honestly I don't want employees dragged into this matter, they don't deserve it and I would like to protect them. Also it really has nothing to do with the device itself which is the purpose of the forum.

Respectfully,

Jeanine
Co-founder Equiso

My ip: 68.173.20.132
As a backer I feel that this thread should stay as it is the first real look at what we bought in to. Maybe if less time was spent designing "boxes and artwork show that this is a company that cares about giving the user a quality experience" (not my grammar) and more time actually producing a product worth shipping there wouldn't be a controversy at all. We have been lied to from the beginning phase of this "project" and as members of this forum have found all we bought was a re-branded Chinese piece of shit. I don't believe you guys even knew what the final product would be because you didn't design or produce it, that happened half way around the world. Nobody at Equiso can honestly say that this product is a quality product that does everything it is suppose to do. I haven't found anything that the Equiso is good for yet, even after we as backers have found and fixed some errors and omissions in the software that came on it. I can save you all some time, effort, and probably some money by telling you this... do not go to retail with this product, it is garbage.

Devious
23-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Re: Suspicions Confirmed
Totally agree with devious! I think the two of us have done more r&d work then the entire equiso dev team and were not even on payroll!

This is what happens when you let marketing guys run a project. Refocus on the software please. We could carelessly if you had a crappy website or materials. Those are easy things to fix. Hire a real dev guy so you can roll out fixes in house vs waiting for China devs to figure it out. What ever happened to realtek an their WiFi fix?

Btw- I got rid of my equisos so no more howtos or fixes from me. Good luck!

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
23-12-2012, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 11:43 AM by Gombi.)
(23-12-2012 08:26 AM)Devious Wrote:  [As a backer I feel that this thread should stay as it is the first real look at what we bought in to. Maybe if less time was spent designing "boxes and artwork show that this is a company that cares about giving the user a quality experience" (not my grammar) and more time actually producing a product worth shipping there wouldn't be a controversy at all. We have been lied to from the beginning phase of this "project" and as members of this forum have found all we bought was a re-branded Chinese piece of shit. I don't believe you guys even knew what the final product would be because you didn't design or produce it, that happened half way around the world. Nobody at Equiso can honestly say that this product is a quality product that does everything it is suppose to do. I haven't found anything that the Equiso is good for yet, even after we as backers have found and fixed some errors and omissions in the software that came on it. I can save you all some time, effort, and probably some money by telling you this... do not go to retail with this product, it is garbage.

As a backer who spent a fair amount of hours on Equiso, I feel (without getting into the legal dispute that was put here on our table) that I'm in a fair position to agree with Niko's statement. This product is half baked, technically inferior, and it feels that there is no real added value for buying Equiso, from the rest of the chinese vast offering of similar (spec superior) products for equal or even lower price. I really wish I could say otherwise. Having said that, the whole 'Android on a stick' market is still suffering from infancy issues, which are not entirely unique to the Equiso brand.
23-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Being a tech guy and working in the industry I couldn't help but research these "Android on a stick" products for a few months now. And here I am, sucked into the drama that is Equiso.

After reading all the Kickstarter and forum comments, I can say that it's a shame the Equiso team has completely flunked on every aspect of their company and product. Trust me when I say, this product will NEVER go retail, no matter how hard they try. Product research and buying departments at retail stores WILL see everything that's been going on here and on Kickstarter. First impressions are everything. Not to mention the performance and build quality of their product, but the public "show" of internal problems in the office at Equiso, I don't even know what to say besides it speaks volumes about the integrity, intelligence, and decision making skills of Equiso's management.

Once a new company’s name is tarnished this badly, the odds of ANY retail store taking the risk of backing and supporting them is zero. No company wants to deal with the headache. What large retail company wants to deal with selling a company’s product with poor customer support, chargebacks & returns, hardware failure, internal drama made public, shipping & distribution problems, etc... you name it! It's a no brainer, they would never risk it. The excuse that Equiso is a "startup" and that your product is "just a beta" is absolutely no excuse and I don't know any professional in this industry who makes a public statement about their company like that! Disgusting!

Even if the new model of their product is decent, the damage to the name has been done. I predict that Equiso will close their doors within the next 6-8 months. Hopefully the owners take it as a learning experience. Success takes time, money, and lots of luck. Unfortunately it seems like Equiso had none of the above. I've seen all kinds of startup companies succeed, and I've seen even more fail. It's a shame because this product really did have some potential.

This review is coming from someone who has almost 10 years at a company that sells electronics in the retail setting and a total of 17 years in the industry. I feel sorry for all of those that gave their money to this company. Undecided
23-12-2012, 02:13 PM
If I had made my purchase from a retail store both of mine would have been returned for a refund the day I got them. Unfortunately that wasn't an option.

Devious
23-12-2012, 02:30 PM
http://www.crunchbase.com/company/equiso

there is one founder and 2 co-founders mentioned on crunchbase.

Anyways....I got PM from Jeanine, to remove the entire thread.. and also she asked about that here as well.

Quote:Hey Niko

I hate that the forum has turned into a he said she said bashing ground.

I am currently in the middle of a legal matter with my 2 co-founders. Trust me I am not the shady one

I want everyone to be protected and the thread puts people in the line to be subpoenaed - something I am certain equiso interns and unpaid employees are not aware of or haven't thought twice about.

A legal matter costs a sh*tload and I want innocent parties protected. For this reason I ask the thread be deleted and prevention of a new thread.

I also ask you edit Jeffry Waye's comments listing my full first and last name.

Jeanine

i also got a post report from her as well.
[Image: c1KRz.png]

I kind of agree with Devious that this thread should stay. but i also think its an internal legal matter of equiso and let them handle that. Do fire who ever you want from your company.

Now we backers can only wait for our pro model... thats it.

Equiso backer i want your suggestions on..... should i close this thread or should i delete this thread?

my opinion is to close this thread and not to talk about this matter anymore, let the lawyer talk.
23-12-2012, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 02:40 PM by bbilko.)
Re: Suspicions Confirmed
I'd suggest locking the thread but leaving it available for new users and the various legal teams to read. I would also suggest you make a log of IP addresses used by various accounts, and of access times for them.

I expect there will be lawyers asking for those records.

I'd also suggest that any Equiso staff members submit proof of Id to Niko so he can do verify who you are, and that any e who creates a staff account without proof has it removed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bbilko, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
23-12-2012, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 04:00 PM by jschall.)
(23-12-2012 02:30 PM)Niko Wrote:  Equiso backer i want your suggestions on..... should i close this thread or should i delete this thread?
Naw, keep this thread, Niko. Jeanine Heller's self-proclaimed status as a "co-founder" of the Equiso "company" is public knowledge - so jeffry@equiso's (Jeffry Waye's) post can stay, too.

https://twitter.com/JeanineHeller
http://www.crunchbase.com/person/jeanine-heller-2
https://angel.co/jeanine-heller

It would be nice to learn inside_equiso's real identity. It's the only remaining mystery - he's the guy who initiated this whole thread with his self-deleted posts and his PMs to you and me.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
23-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I agree too that this thread should stay.

If i helped, please hit REP+ button / My XDA Profile ~ YouTube channel
23-12-2012, 05:05 PM
(23-12-2012 02:30 PM)Niko Wrote:  http://www.crunchbase.com/company/equiso

there is one founder and 2 co-founders mentioned on crunchbase.

Anyways....I got PM from Jeanine, to remove the entire thread.. and also she asked about that here as well.

Quote:Hey Niko

I hate that the forum has turned into a he said she said bashing ground.

I am currently in the middle of a legal matter with my 2 co-founders. Trust me I am not the shady one

I want everyone to be protected and the thread puts people in the line to be subpoenaed - something I am certain equiso interns and unpaid employees are not aware of or haven't thought twice about.

A legal matter costs a sh*tload and I want innocent parties protected. For this reason I ask the thread be deleted and prevention of a new thread.

I also ask you edit Jeffry Waye's comments listing my full first and last name.

Jeanine

i also got a post report from her as well.
[Image: c1KRz.png]

I kind of agree with Devious that this thread should stay. but i also think its an internal legal matter of equiso and let them handle that. Do fire who ever you want from your company.

Now we backers can only wait for our pro model... thats it.

Equiso backer i want your suggestions on..... should i close this thread or should i delete this thread?

my opinion is to close this thread and not to talk about this matter anymore, let the lawyer talk.
I only ask this thread be closed while the legal matter is ongoing. I think that is a fair and wise request as nobody but the 3 founders should have to be pulled into the drama. Sure it sadly makes for entertaining reading but it also puts innocent parties at the risk of being subpoenaed including Niko who kindly started the entire forum so backers and users would have a place to discuss the product.

I was asked to come on as cofounder of the startup by Adam. He messaged me in August requesting that we meet as he had known me from a previous startup. Unlike the version told in a previous post from someone who was not present at said meeting. I have nothing to hide and am more than happy to answer questions open and honestly via email, twitter etc. In regards to inside-equiso all I will say is that he is an active
startup investor (not in equiso). I respect the privacy of others and
should they want to have their name splashed on a forum that is their
choice.

Again, I propose a solution: Shut the thread down for the time being - lock it so innocent parties can be protected and here say doesn't cloud facts of the case. Once all has settled I have no problem with this thread being made public.

However it has nothing to do with the pros... I suggest another thread be started "Pro Updates, etc."

Wishing all a Happy Holidays and hope we can agree to respect the legal matter at hand. Let the facts go through the process and the final verdict be made by the professionals. Opinions and here say cloud the truth and you all deserve the truth.

Thanks again. J

equiso_jeanine, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.