Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Testing in the UK
17-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Testing in the UK
Ive been posting my testing onto facebook, thought i would copy it here too.

Mine has just arrived, I am in the UK
Like ·

A few comments: Box is very tiny, but got a little sqished in shipping. No big problem. It has come with a US power adaptor.. Kinda irritating...
42 minutes ago · Like

Remote works fine on wimdows 7. i am typeing this with it. keys do need a lot of pressure to work and are quite loud.the mouse is a little twitchy

I was planning to test on my PC screen, but the default resolution is out of its range., we really need that auto detect patch!

plugged in and powered up, took the extra power from the usb port on my tv meant for external HDD. The other port was overloaded and the Equiso shut off.

Linked to Wifi ok, shows 2-3 bars, however i cannot log into my Google account, i get an error reading "cant establish a reliable data connection to the server"

Wifi icon on status bar shows traffic, but I am unable to get a web site to load either

wifi actually dropped off totally then. took 10 seconds to connect but still not able to download anything

Requests for testing?

bbilko, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
17-10-2012, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 03:46 PM by bbilko.)
RE: Testing in the UK
I've now managed to get it working with my PC screen, I had to change the output from HDMI to DVI.

This didnt seem to change it working on my Samsung Tv, but now it loads ok on my PC.

This means I am now sat 1m from my router, and have 3 bars of signal. I am able to browse the web fine, but still get no Play store joy.

Same Error message as before.

I have connected a powered hub, and it is working ok. I'm going to dig out a USB NIC and test that ASAP.

UPDATE:
I am also seeing the time change whenever I unplug the Equisio. I remembers the time zone though.

I have set the time correctly, and have been able to get into the play store. Must be an authentication thing.

bbilko, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
17-10-2012, 08:18 PM
this is quite interesting.... Smile

so with hdmi to dvi connector it worked in pc monitor? i had to try it.

keep updating mate..
17-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Once I changed the setting it worked on the end on a HDMI to DVI cable. No Sound of course...
(17-10-2012 08:18 PM)Niko Wrote:  this is quite interesting.... Smile

so with hdmi to dvi connector it worked in pc monitor? i had to try it.

keep updating mate..