Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The truth about Equiso
15-03-2013, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 07:19 PM by hamdimo.)
The truth about Equiso
Equiso is just a name they came up with, the device (hardware) is a stick called "tcc8920st" or "CX-01"
here are some more information
[Image: w45kffaikpin18afg.jpg]

here is a youtube video demonstarting this device in action

i'm gathering more information, maybe we actually can find UPDATED firmwares from the original device. but then i was thinking, why didn't the scammers at equiso do that already?
i don't know, i'll keep searching...
15-03-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: The truth about Equiso
Yes. Equiso is just a rebranded version of a crap android TV stick from Chinese market manufactured by Uptek (they name it Lajoin), nothing new so far.

But how come you have Android 4.0.4 on yours? I only have 4.0.3 even after OTA update.

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
15-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Because i just cannot use my equiso with the origional rom,
i rather get it bricked trying to make something of it.

So i went searching for CX-01 roms.
http://pandawillforum.com/showthread.php...are-or-rom
The howto manages a FN-button... it's the button on de equiso wich nobody knew what it's for.

I managed to flash the CX-01 rom on the equiso and it works!
I opened soms apps and browsed trough android, no hickups or whatsoever, so it feels very smooth.
There is only 1 problem, wifi isn't recognized, the same with my usb-nic.

Maybe i can use some stuff out of the update.zip from equiso to get that working.
16-03-2013, 01:25 AM
What update.zip? Where did you find it? Is it the original Pro firmware and stuff, or the last update?

Either way, Please let me know where I can get it. ^^

johnequickiii, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
16-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Re: RE: The truth about Equiso
(15-03-2013 10:14 PM)DrBullet Wrote:  Because i just cannot use my equiso with the origional rom,
i rather get it bricked trying to make something of it.

So i went searching for CX-01 roms.
http://pandawillforum.com/showthread.php...are-or-rom
The howto manages a FN-button... it's the button on de equiso wich nobody knew what it's for.

I managed to flash the CX-01 rom on the equiso and it works!
I opened soms apps and browsed trough android, no hickups or whatsoever, so it feels very smooth.
There is only 1 problem, wifi isn't recognized, the same with my usb-nic.

Maybe i can use some stuff out of the update.zip from equiso to get that working.

Please share the method you use to flash. Also the files. Update us with the progress.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
16-03-2013, 12:02 PM
@niko
the update instruction is the link of my previous post. it also contains a DL link to the firmware i flashed onto the equiso.

@john
the update.zip on http://beta.equiso.com contains a wlan.ko file (problebly the equiso wlan driver).
it should be possible to make my own firmware (rom) with the wlan driver in it.

the CX-01 also doens't have many updates or support, but at least it has a bit more possibilities to flash it.
16-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Re: The truth about Equiso
Can u run antutu and check the score with that ROM...curious to see

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
16-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Exactly, it's the update.zip i'm talking about, i stripped the rom down to the bone, deleted as much crap as i can (using kitchen) still working on it, need some help though...
i'll inject the modified build.prop by blkcamarozr28 and some other things from the latest update (13.03)

here is the forum for CX-01 http://www.pandawillforum.com/forumdispl...oid-TV-Box
The devs there have some nice tools Smile and another thing, they do have the source code and a custom kernel.

after all this i came up with one conclusion, equiso has no android developers, no dev would include a Phone.apk in an update for an android stick.
28-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Well its good information you shared here.Before this i have never think about the Equiso in this way that it actually happens in this way.