Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Tips & Tricks to try and Optimize Equiso
17-10-2012, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 02:34 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
Tips & Tricks to try and Optimize Equiso
Here's what's been suggested on the Kickstarter comments. Please add to this thread if you find something that works.

Settings->System->Developer Options:
* Disable USB Debugging
* Change Window animation scale to OFF (Default 1x)
* Change Transition animation scale to OFF (Default 1x)
* Change Background Process Limit to 2 (Default Standard Limit) *Setting is not persistent
* Uncheck Don't keep activities

Change launcher:
* Goto google play and download "Go Launcher Pro HD Pad". Open after installation and set as default.

With the setting above I notice far fewer app wait/close pop ups and Netflix streaming at the default 1280x720p output is pretty good. I don't think this rom at the current state can run 1920x1080p.

==Root Required! Build.prop tweaks==

http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Build-...t-Required

==Questionable if this even helps==
Apps->Contacts & Contact Storage (Causes Popup error: Unfortunately, Google Services Framework has stopped)
* Force Stop & Disable

Factory Reset to fix slow WiFi Speeds
Settings-> Personal -> Backup & Reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Tablet ->Erase Everything
*Tested with SpeedTest.net app using same location for all tests.

Stock:
=====================
199ms 1167kbps 1747kbps
204ms 1172kbps 1885kbps
178ms 891kbps 1767kbps

Factory Reset:
=====================
237ms 1069kbps 1582kbps
160ms 1108kbps 2487kbps
188ms 1367kbps 2424kbps

Factory Reset with Debug, windows/transition animation set to off, background process 3.
===================================================================
187ms 1320kbps 2483kbps
142ms 1197kbps 2520kbps
191ms 1389kbps 1814kbps

Need to try this at home and verify this over USB Ethernet adapter to get rid of the wireless fudge factor and slow 4G backhaul I was testing on.
Updated tried at home and it does seem faster after factory reset. Worth a shot.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
18-10-2012, 01:20 AM
RE: Tips & Tricks to try and Optimize Equiso
Just saw this on youtube.
http://youtu.be/N4pFYUdEi9o

Here's the summary. It'll save u 5 minutes from watching the video.

=================================

Factory reset to fix slow WiFi speeds.
=================================

SpeedTest Results
Alantic Metro - LA 39ms 0.92Mbps 2.07Mbps
Alantic Metro - LA 28ms 9.78Mbps 3.37Mbps

Settings-> Personal -> Backup & Reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Tablet ->Erase Everything

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
18-10-2012, 08:36 AM
well this is the best optimize tip right now. Guys we seriously need an urgent update from equiso.. also the pc driver for equiso, so someone can root it.

I got a feeling that equiso did not optimized the device that they have said us on early updates. SO any bugs and problems. They were just sitting counting money. May be some chinese guy optimized the software a little.
18-10-2012, 08:52 AM
another optimization Tips from Scott Crump (Backer). Thanks

This was his post on kickstarter.

I feel like Equiso should be paying me for making this thing work better. I'll give you guys a few tips of what I find speeds things up a bit and gets rid of some of the wait or close popups.
Opera Mobile for the browser, its lightweight and fast
Launcher changed to Go Launcher HD Pad its pretty light surprisingly enough and has a small task killer if needed
In developer menu I turned animations off, usb debugging off, personally I turned GPU rendering off but Im not sure how much of a difference there is and dont keep activities is turned off
19-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I am using a usb hub that has a long (6ft) cord on it and plugging my remote dongle in to it. That has helped tremendously with my wifi speeds and reliability as well as making the remote function better. I think the dongle and wifi interfere with each other when it is plugged straight in to the equiso usb port.

Devious

Devious
19-10-2012, 07:51 PM
(19-10-2012 04:10 PM)Devious Wrote:  I am using a usb hub that has a long (6ft) cord on it and plugging my remote dongle in to it. That has helped tremendously with my wifi speeds and reliability as well as making the remote function better. I think the dongle and wifi interfere with each other when it is plugged straight in to the equiso usb port.

Devious
I've tried moving the wireless transceiver to a USB hub farther way form the main unit but didn't see any noticeable changes. Even though its 2.4Ghz im not convinced its going to affect everyone. I'll fire up a wireless spectrum analyzer later tonight or weekend and see what frequency its on. If it did by chance step into the 802.11 2.4Ghz i would assume by moving to channels 1, 6, 11 would help unless its using some ugly super wide channel.

Anyways, need to find some time to bust out the spectrum and find out for sure.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
19-10-2012, 10:35 PM
(19-10-2012 07:51 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  Anyways, need to find some time to bust out the spectrum and find out for sure.
That would be awesome, I hope you check it out for us and post your findings. If anything getting the remote receiver out from behind my television (HDMI ports are on the back of my 50" Sanyo TV) has increased the range and responsiveness of my remote but I played around with download speeds from my FTP server on my LAN and it seems to make it run about 2x as fast, although there may be some other factor involved that I don't realize. I also have found that although it will power up off my TV's USB port I have less problems with random reboots when I just plug it in to the wall outlet.

Devious
20-10-2012, 01:18 AM
(19-10-2012 10:35 PM)Devious Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 07:51 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  I also have found that although it will power up off my TV's USB port I have less problems with random reboots when I just plug it in to the wall outlet.
I have noticed this too. The USB ports coming off our Samsung 55" LED & Sharp 60" just doesn't supply enough juice to stop the random reboots. I believe the tv's put out around 500mah via their USB port and its just not enough to drive the Equiso and power the usb devices.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
22-10-2012, 04:16 PM
The first post has the easiest things to do to optimise the Equiso. I've done all of them, including the Go Launcher, and everything has been moving faster.
01-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Here's the latest TWEAK (Root Required)!
http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Build-...t-Required

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks