Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transferring files with microUSB
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Transferring files with microUSB
How can I transfer files to the equiso from my hard drive connecting directly with the microUSB port on the equiso?

I can't find the option to mount it. My computer recognizes it as a "smart TV" but has no option to use its storage.

On the equiso side I've tried going to Settings-> Device-> Storage -> Unmount internal with no luck.

I suppose I could push files using ADB, but I'm looking for a more drag & drop solution. Any advice?

aparanoia, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
03-11-2012, 08:32 PM
RE: Transferring files with microUSB
@aparanoia:
1- The USB cord that came with the Equiso is pinned for power only. Use another USB-microUSB cord to connect to a USB HDD.
2. Go wireless by using WiFi File Explorer to transfer files from any device with a Web browser.
Good luck!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I am using my phone's USB to microUSB, not the one that came with the device (that one doesn't even work to power on the device!).

Can you explain step 1? When I plug it in from my computers USB to the microUSB slot, I don't get access to storage. I am currently using AirDroid to transfer files but it is SLOOOOW.

aparanoia, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
03-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I already explained it here ....

JohnnyCau, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
03-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Where is the notification window? Sounds like a stupid question, but I'm only familiar with android phones (not tablet mode). Pulling down from the top does nothing, is there a something obvious I'm overlooking?

03-11-2012, 09:30 PM
@aparanoia:
The notifications appear when you click on the clock at bottom right.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
The docked notification bar is not visible by default. You can enable it in settings, Euquiso will reboot upon ticking the checkbox.

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
03-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks!

04-11-2012, 12:57 AM
@Pimmr is there an option to make it disappear in Netflix once enabled (without rebooting of course)

04-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Re: Transferring files with microUSB
No you can not switch between showing/hiding the notification bar. I have seen such mods though in some custom tablet roms, perhaps it wil be available in a future rom.

Sent by my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012