Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB Ethernet Adapter on Equiso
15-11-2012, 01:16 PM
RE: USB Ethernet Adapter on Equiso
I tried this adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140558954910

It powers up and flashes as if it's working but the equiso doesn't recognize it. I don't have a powered usb hub but I don't think that is the problem because it is lit up as if it's working. I hope this helps everyone narrow down which cheap adapters will work.

[Image: USB-ETHER.jpg]

Devious
16-11-2012, 03:53 AM
(15-11-2012 01:16 PM)Devious Wrote:  I tried this adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140558954910

It powers up and flashes as if it's working but the equiso doesn't recognize it. I don't have a powered usb hub but I don't think that is the problem because it is lit up as if it's working. I hope this helps everyone narrow down which cheap adapters will work.

[Image: USB-ETHER.jpg]
Which chipset is it? There are only a few known chipsets that are known to work, asix is one of them. I doubt u need a powered hub since I run mine off a no powered hub with USB keyboard, mouse, 2.4ghz remote transceiver, and USB Ethernet adapter when I'm hacking the equiso. Main thing is to plug it in before powering up or equiso won't show dev eth0 in the properties.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
16-11-2012, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2012 03:43 PM by Devious.)
(16-11-2012 03:53 AM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  Which chipset is it? There are only a few known chipsets that are known to work, asix is one of them. I doubt u need a powered hub since I run mine off a no powered hub with USB keyboard, mouse, 2.4ghz remote transceiver, and USB Ethernet adapter when I'm hacking the equiso. Main thing is to plug it in before powering up or equiso won't show dev eth0 in the properties.
I'm not sure what chipset it is, it's a cheap Chinese adapter from ebay. The model number on it is JP1082 but my PC doesn't recognize it. I downloaded some drivers for android that someone posted on the XDA website ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1641274 ) but I haven't been able to get them working yet. It's a very busy time of the year for me at work so I haven't really had enough time to try getting the driver to work yet but it isn't built in to android like some.

Devious
19-11-2012, 07:57 PM
(07-11-2012 06:16 PM)DrBullet Wrote:  I found out that DX has a USB to ethernet converter based on the ASIX AX88772B chipset.

http://dx.com/p/usb-2-0-10-100mbps-rj45-...ngle-34691

Gonna order it and let you know.
Well, i got it today and it works! But i don't know if it's due to the ethernet adapter or the equiso. When downloading it gets VERY slow, it's hardly possible to switch between home screens and apps. I enabled the CPU meter, but don't really know how to read thatTongue
I tried using XBMC, but because of the slowness i got frustrated, and i'm a patient guyTongue
do you experience the same issue?
06-01-2013, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 05:26 PM by Veronica.)
I found this info:

http://armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/view...87d3#p7127

One user provided drivers for ASIX & MOSCHIP chipsets, so if @equiso (the copycats) need something from that package then use it, no need to register to the webpage to get it as i will provide it:

3.0.8-tcc.tar.gz

~ V

If i helped, please hit REP+ button / My XDA Profile ~ YouTube channel
06-01-2013, 06:38 PM
(06-01-2013 05:24 PM)Veronica Wrote:  I found this info:

One user provided drivers for ASIX & MOSCHIP chipsets, so if @equiso (the copycats) need something from that package then use it, no need to register to the webpage to get it as i will provide it:

3.0.8-tcc.tar.gz

~ V
No Insmod needed for the asix chipsets they are bulit into the kernel. Plug and play!

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
06-01-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 07:52 PM by Veronica.)
(06-01-2013 06:38 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 05:24 PM)Veronica Wrote:  I found this info:

3.0.8-tcc.tar.gz

~ V
No Insmod needed for the asix chipsets they are bulit into the kernel. Plug and play!
I know that but there are drivers for MOSCHIP chipset too so equiso can integrate it in the kernel. Just posting what i found. I read the threads Asix is the way to right now.

If i helped, please hit REP+ button / My XDA Profile ~ YouTube channel
07-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Re: RE: USB Ethernet Adapter on Equiso
Quote:I know that but there are drivers for MOSCHIP chipset too so equiso can integrate it in the kernel.

That will be the day when Equiso devs integrate anything. Funny thing is the standard unit's os/hardware is so poor I doubt it will successfully run any heavy multimedia stuff at its current 800Mhz cpu speed. Even when I use to run my standard unit with a Ethernet adapter it still wasn't very promising since the lag was not the network but the os/hardware limitations.

If anyone is looking for usb Ethernet adapters the asix chipset ones are cheap enough and have a prove track record that they work. Smile

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
25-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a problem with trying a USB Ethernet Adapter. It is recognised OK by the Equiso but when I go to Settings > Ethernet Settings, I cannot click the box for "Turn on Ethernet". When I do, it just brings me in to configure Ethernet device but, no matter what I do, I just cannot seem to be able to actually turn it on.

Software is version EQUISO-20121116

Thanks in advance
26-12-2013, 04:35 AM
Re: RE: USB Ethernet Adapter on Equiso
(25-12-2013 10:32 AM)championc Wrote:  Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a problem with trying a USB Ethernet Adapter. It is recognised OK by the Equiso but when I go to Settings > Ethernet Settings, I cannot click the box for "Turn on Ethernet". When I do, it just brings me in to configure Ethernet device but, no matter what I do, I just cannot seem to be able to actually turn it on.

Software is version EQUISO-20121116

Thanks in advance

Are you using a asix chipset?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks