Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB Port fell out on remote!
17-10-2012, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 09:04 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
Sad USB Port fell out on remote!
I have a hunch this will happen to many folks. Its just a matter of time.
If you look at the crappy soldering job (Cold Solder) on the wires and usb port you will agree with me.
This one is going back to Equiso for RMA but im a bit disappointed with the initial build quality.

==USB Port fell out when I plugged it in to charge==
[Image: mlmpnd.jpg]

==You can see the cold solders points==
[Image: 2nk514w.jpg]

[Image: bfn85s.jpg]

Good news is Equiso will replace but then Im going to have to fork out shipping to send them the defective unit.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
18-10-2012, 12:18 AM
RE: USB Port fell out on remote!
Talking about quality. Angry Does Equiso offer any warranty?
18-10-2012, 02:35 AM
(18-10-2012 12:18 AM)aloha.yao Wrote:  Talking about quality. Angry Does Equiso offer any warranty?
They are going to warranty it. However, you have to pay for shipping to get it to them.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
18-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Talking about quality, this scares the shit out of me right now... i mean comeon look at the soldering job. not even a week used and it came off.

i ordered 3 pc and now i am worried, will it last a week? I bet the chinese android stick quality is way better than this..... clearly equiso missed the QA part of the production.

lets see how do they cope up with warranty returns.

BTW, where did they asked you to return it? USA or Hong Kong?
18-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Smile RE: USB Port fell out on remote!
Here's the email support sent. They definitely stand by their product. I should take a photo of the second remote to see if the solder job is better or worst. I purchase two standard units and a pro and had convinced many others to buy. I begin to wonder if that was a bad decision on my part...

======================
=. email from equiso support. =
======================

Wilson,

We are here for all of our early adopters of the Equiso Smart TV. Yes it sounds like your remote is defective. With any manufactured product there unfortunately defects that can happen. We very much apologize for this, and we will replace the device for you. We stand by our product, but we will need you to send it back with the return packing slip that came with in your order. To verify the address is as follows:

Equiso
1 Broadway 14th floor
Cambridge MA 02142

In the mean time you can use a usb mouse to navigate in place of the remote so your not totally stuck. Also you can click on "settings" then "developer options" and deselect the "usb de-bugging" option. We have seen that helps the wifi respond better and helps make things smoother.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Dan @Equiso

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
18-10-2012, 05:57 PM
hmm the reply looks promising..
19-10-2012, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 01:55 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
Here's a photo of my other remote that I had. I purchased two regular units.

This one the soldering looks a bit better but the lack of a USB port with support legs is definetly a bad thing.
The PCB has holes in the board for usb ports with support legs. They should be using something like this:

==USB Port with PCB support legs==
[Image: 2mmem8g.jpg]

==Equiso USB port without PCB Support Legs (Flush Mount)==
[Image: 15oi8b9.jpg]

==Soldering job on 2nd remote==
[Image: 24e5k6s.jpg]

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
25-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Got mine in the mail today. USB connector is also loose inside the remote (hasn't come out).
Have e-mailed Equiso to see about a replacement (would I have to send back just the remote???)
25-10-2012, 08:19 AM
(25-10-2012 05:02 AM)DRHILL Wrote:  Got mine in the mail today. USB connector is also loose inside the remote (hasn't come out).
Have e-mailed Equiso to see about a replacement (would I have to send back just the remote???)
Per equiso they said to just send the remote.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
25-10-2012, 11:53 AM
I'd take photos and push them to send a replacement without you returning it.

bbilko, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.