Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Use iPhone as remote?
15-02-2013, 04:00 AM
Use iPhone as remote?
Is there currently, or will there soon be, a way to use an iPhone app or a smartphone-friendly web UI to control the Equiso, rather than using the supplied remote control?
I'm hoping to take my Equiso Pro on a round-the-world trip but I'm traveling with just a single carry-on-sized backpack and thus want to cut down as much as possible on the amount of stuff I'm carrying -- every cubic centimeter counts. I'm bringing an iPhone with me, so if I can use that as a remote control, I can leave the Equiso remote at home. Yeah, the iPhone doesn't have hard buttons I can feel in the dark, but the space savings is worth that tradeoff.
15-02-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: Use iPhone as remote?
(15-02-2013 04:00 AM)koreth Wrote:  Is there currently, or will there soon be, a way to use an iPhone app or a smartphone-friendly web UI to control the Equiso, rather than using the supplied remote control?
I'm hoping to take my Equiso Pro on a round-the-world trip but I'm traveling with just a single carry-on-sized backpack and thus want to cut down as much as possible on the amount of stuff I'm carrying -- every cubic centimeter counts. I'm bringing an iPhone with me, so if I can use that as a remote control, I can leave the Equiso remote at home. Yeah, the iPhone doesn't have hard buttons I can feel in the dark, but the space savings is worth that tradeoff.

Sure as soon as we the forum find out how to do so and then Adam rips it off as his own -- or until the company in China releases an update and Adam again tries to claim that work as his own.

In short, we should not expect any software update for this thing unless some 3rd party creates it and we sit back while team equiso claims someone else's work as their own.

EquisoDumbTV, Ben Davies // Duxbury, MA // frustrated Equiso user.
15-02-2013, 04:52 PM
(15-02-2013 03:23 PM)EquisoDumbTV Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 04:00 AM)koreth Wrote:  Is there currently, or will there soon be, a way to use an iPhone app or a smartphone-friendly web UI to control the Equiso, rather than using the supplied remote control?

Sure as soon as we the forum find out how to do so and then Adam rips it off as his own -- or until the company in China releases an update and Adam again tries to claim that work as his own.

In short, we should not expect any software update for this thing unless some 3rd party creates it and we sit back while team equiso claims someone else's work as their own.
Another quality post. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
15-02-2013, 05:54 PM
(15-02-2013 04:52 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 03:23 PM)EquisoDumbTV Wrote:  

Another quality post. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?
Nope. But YOU DO have the money you scammed from us backers.

EquisoDumbTV, Ben Davies // Duxbury, MA // frustrated Equiso user.
15-02-2013, 08:01 PM
My 11yr old car died on me 2 days ago and I can't afford to fix or replace it. At this point it would be very beneficial to me if this were a scam.

How do I get mine?

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
16-02-2013, 12:51 AM
So I take it the answer is no. Thanks for the super-helpful, on-topic replies.
17-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Sure. Get an Android phone or tablet. There are apps for that!

I hope you find my answer on-topic, if not very helpful.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec