Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Video Player?
25-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Smile Video Player?
Hi,

Is there a different Video Payer I can use which is streaming the videos better then the OE installed on the Equiso? I so new within the android work and any suggestion is really appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert
25-10-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Video Player?
I don't have mine yet, but I have read that MX Player does a good job, with its hardware acceleration and custom plug-in for different CPUs.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
26-10-2012, 06:38 AM
I try Diceplayer, Mxplayer, Moboplayer..... to play 720P mkv file with DTS...but there is no sound .What should I do?
26-10-2012, 08:22 AM
(26-10-2012 06:38 AM)tienlequoc Wrote:  I try Diceplayer, Mxplayer, Moboplayer..... to play 720P mkv file with DTS...but there is no sound .What should I do?
Did you try selecting an other audio source inside the player? I know this is possible with MXplayer.

zed85, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
26-10-2012, 10:45 AM
DTS is a proprietary format, and it's nearly impossible to get it to work with Android, as discussed in this article:
DTS Audio for android == LAWSUIT:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1831111

Jeff Schallenberg
27-10-2012, 10:25 AM
How do I define the MX player as the default player? Is this possible?
27-10-2012, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 12:03 PM by jschall.)
@rg66:
Yes, you can change the default apps for various tasks.

Often, when you click on a media file in the file explorer, a list of possible reader/player apps pops up, with a check box to mark your choice of default app.

Otherwise, if you go into Settings/Apps, and navigate to the current default app/Launch by default, there is a checkbox to "Clear defaults". Then, you have to repeat the previous steps to designate your new choice of default app.

Jeff Schallenberg
27-10-2012, 06:18 PM
for my purposes, I have found BSPlayer the best, it plays all formats I've so far tried (avi, mpeg, divx, mkv up to 1080p) without a problem from a localy attached NTFS harddrive ( I use the Paragon NTFS mounter, but had to root my equiso to be able to use it). Over wifi, playback is often choppy, only rarely useable.

schutzmann, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
29-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Bsplayer, Diceplayer with libffmpeg.so codec works well.
I try XBMC but not sucessful.