Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What did we ever do to you Equiso?
08-03-2013, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 06:35 AM by Us3r.)
What did we ever do to you Equiso?
I mean, we backed you, we believed in you, we forked over our hard earned money in support of you and what do we get? a slap to the face?

The pro is broken and I am now learning its just a cheapo re-branded chinese stick that you guys probably got for a few bucks while we paid $100, to top it all off the last update was some 4 months ago and there is no sign of anything improving. Then, as if to add insult to injury, you didnt even include the break away cable that was supposed to come with the pro.

Finally, you won't even respond to emails, completely ignoring the people who supported you from the beginning, just hoping we go away.

Why Equsio? Why? We believed in you, we stood up for you when others doubted you, and this is how you repay us?

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
08-03-2013, 11:22 AM
RE: What did we ever do to you Equiso?
I think they (I refer to the company before I joined as "they") were a bit overambitious to make it 110% on the first try and didn't realize some of the hurdles they'd have to overcome on the KS budget they had.

Quite a lot of lessons have been learned in that time and corrections have been made since. And we have discussed ways of making it up to the backers as a sort of "sorry".

If you look at some of the other KS projects that are even bigger than Equiso they too are having problems of their own (Pebble, Gamestick, etc). Launching a hardware company is a lot tougher than a software one. Lots more overhead is involved.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
08-03-2013, 12:59 PM
the first and the last time i back something on kickstarter, it's just a bad idea to believe in something that someone is making somewhere. and for the same reason i don't believe anymore in the promises made here by SOME equiso founders/scammers. that update they released on 16/11 was just a modified build.prop file that was posted here by some dev. unlock the ******* bootloader and release the opensource so that people here can save this stick. no more promises, no more talk, do something or shutdown this forum because i see nothing new happening here.
08-03-2013, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 06:36 PM by Us3r.)
I dunno, I think I would support a kickstarter project again, everyone deserves a chance and I'm sure Equiso ment well from the beggining, its how they ended up that's really disappointing me.

If I were in their shoes the most important thing to me would have been making a good first impression with my launch product, I would not have slept untill that firmware was done right, its a lot of work sure but not THAT much work. I think someone works on it for 20 minutes a week, if that, and that's why there hasnt been an update in 4 months, its the only possible explanation.

I wonder, what do they say when you tell them about how the backers feel of their treatment? Do they feel any remorse for how they did us? We're all good people here and money doesn't grow on trees, while $100 may not seem like much by todays standards for some of us its still a lot of money. Money which we put on the line in the faith that they would do right by us, we trusted them and I feel that trust was betrayed.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
08-03-2013, 09:01 PM
You guys seem to actually believe they have an Android developer.

Well they obviously didn't and delivered whatever the Chinese gave them.

Remember the promises of optimized Android without any reference to phone or mobile networks as is not the case for Equiso?

LOL... What a joke... They even have the Android Contacts app included.

They did nothing else than being a distributor for the Chinese Uptek company.

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
09-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Would it not stand to reason that if one were to venture into producing a android based media device that one should first be an android developer? I dont know if any of the founders are but you would think at least one of them would have to be.

10-03-2013, 04:14 AM
Could also be a simple business miscalculation. Perhaps Equiso *does* have an Android developer on staff -- maybe the problem is that the Chinese firm won't release the sources to Equiso.
10-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Re: RE: What did we ever do to you Equiso?
(10-03-2013 04:14 AM)mwester Wrote:  Could also be a simple business miscalculation. Perhaps Equiso *does* have an Android developer on staff -- maybe the problem is that the Chinese firm won't release the sources to Equiso.

That does make sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2