Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is going on with EQUISO
29-10-2012, 04:44 AM
What is going on with EQUISO
What happen to EQUISO that we all are excited and have faith with?

Firstly the stick aren't performing like how we assume it would, it's slow and buggy. I doubt it's even running at 1ghz overclocked speed as they claim it to be.

2ndly Most of the games or apps are running rather laggy except those super light weight games and some emulators.

3rdly, Really really lack of customer support either in facebook or in this forum, all we see is them posting updates and not to our enquiries or problem with the device, I really wonder what is this forum for anyway.

4th. They recently announce the Pro stick will come with A9 cpu? it seems they somehow managed and able to solve the overheating issue with PRO model and not our Standard model?

This is from their FAQ "When we tested the A9 processor, we noticed it would overheat after a couple hours of use, due to the small size of the case. While it is possible to build an A9 into the Smart TV, the only way to make it work is to drastically reduce the speed, which lowers performance. The new redesigned Arm Cortex A5 can run at 1ghz while the A9 can only run at 600mhz before overheating. With heat being such a concern and since the A9 clock speed must be reduced, the A5 was chosen as it can run much faster under these conditions and provides a better experience. The A5 is the perfect processor for a case this small.""

d3bugu, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
29-10-2012, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2012 11:09 AM by jschall.)
RE: What is going on with EQUISO
@d3bugu:
All good points, I agree with you. In a nutshell - the Equiso stick sucks, and the Equiso "company" sucks.

To answer your question "I really wonder what is this forum for anyway?":
This Forum is by and for people like you and me who got sucked in by Equiso's hype. We are trying to make the best of a bad job.

If you are interested in an Android TV player with better performance and a better customer experience, check out the "Equiso Alternatives" thread:
http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Equiso-alternatives

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
29-10-2012, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2012 12:25 PM by Niko.)
I totally agree with jschall's statement " This Forum is by and for people like you and me who got sucked in by Equiso's hype. We are trying to make the best of a bad job. "

I just got my equiso std version like 20 mins ago from post office. I am checking out the thing and with in first 2 mins i got responding error.

Now the only hope is on the PRO version. fingers crossed.
30-10-2012, 01:55 AM
I apologies, I didn't know this forum is set up by us and not official forum by Equiso.

d3bugu, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
31-10-2012, 12:04 PM
No worries, we all feel the same way.

Devious
31-10-2012, 09:08 PM
@Jay

We suck? Sad Come on... I hope we are changing your mind a bit. We are working hard to. We will bring you around. Trust us -- we will not disappoint ... I know one particular announcement coming up within the month that will change your mind (just sayin') -- Trust me it is a game changer!

equiso_jeanine, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
31-10-2012, 11:39 PM
(31-10-2012 09:08 PM)equiso_jeanine Wrote:  @Jay

We suck? Sad Come on... I hope we are changing your mind a bit.
Yeah. Jeanine. Big time.
Just take a look at the Kickstarter comments page.

Why isn't Adam answering technical questions, either there or here?

Why would anyone EVER be tempted to say "Equiso kicks ass!"?

I can't even imagine it.

Jeff Schallenberg
01-11-2012, 08:21 AM
yea and I really do hope Equiso don't focus all their energy on the PRO users and forgot about the major issue with the Standard sticks.

01-11-2012, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 08:01 PM by jschall.)
@equiso_jeanine:
Another example of why so many of your backers and other customers say "Equiso sucks!" - nobody replies to pleas for help!:

From the Kickstarter page:
" Kazi Iqbal Ahmed 20 minutes ago

Hey Equiso,

Still waiting for your response. Please clarify my shipment status"

"Craig Bibb about 1 hour ago

I have sent emails to kickstarter@equiso.com, distribution@equiso.com, and support@equiso.com. All of these emails are forwardable within your organization in the event the wrong person received them. You can DM me instructions for exchanging my unit. I am a backer.

It will not stay on. The blue light goes out quickly even when plugged in.

Phone number? Instructions? Anything? Not more "let's see if we can find your email" okey dokey. The longer you put off answering my concern. The louder I get.

I am serious about doing a Kickstarter class action project. Just tell me how to exchange the thing or give me my money back."

C'mon, Equiso! Is it so hard to reply to your customers?

Jeff Schallenberg
02-11-2012, 02:42 PM
"Trust me it is a game changer!"

The only way this can be true is if you send me a free quad core Android Stick...and yes, EQUISO does suck..

This unit is not running warm, it is cooking, feels like the 1st version of my old
ZX Spectrum.
Video playback, and that is the reason i got this as per your promo, is a joke. No matter what you do to the firmware, i think 99% of us fell for this one.

This will be the most expensive remote i ever bought...

Z69

Zodiac69, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.