Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats happening with this stick?
26-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Whats happening with this stick?
Is there any word on updates with the Equiso? I backed this stick as well as the Infinitec Pocket TV. The Pocket TV group appears to be releasing updates and actively working on resolving issues. I've gone through two updates on that device and haven't heard anything about updates for this stick in that time.

Have I missed news about upcoming updates or has there just not been any? Both of these sticks when I got them were in similar shape with a lot of bugs. But that other stick have made some great strides in improvement and I haven't seen any activity with this one. Fingers are crossed because I'd like to have two great android sticks.

Heaiser, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
26-02-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Whats happening with this stick?
The standard model is working fine with a few bugs that could be worked out still. But as a basic streaming device and light gaming stick it's good in my opinion.

The pro model is in need of a firmware update to address video quality, microSD card, and other issues with QC that are being worked on (stronger micro usb ports). A last minute hardware change (specs for the better) kinda threw a wrench into the works of getting it patched quickly because the software was optimized for different hardware than what was released.

Unfortunately I've quoted time frames that turned out not to be true before so I can only say that the pro model patch is coming soon. I know you've all heard that before from here but it's out of my control. I saw a working version of it in-house yesterday and it looks a lot better.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
26-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Re: RE: Whats happening with this stick?
(26-02-2013 01:08 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  The standard model is working fine with a few bugs that could be worked out still. But as a basic streaming device and light gaming stick it's good in my opinion.

The pro model is in need of a firmware update to address video quality, microSD card, and other issues with QC that are being worked on (stronger micro usb ports). A last minute hardware change (specs for the better) kinda threw a wrench into the works of getting it patched quickly because the software was optimized for different hardware than what was released.

Unfortunately I've quoted time frames that turned out not to be true before so I can only say that the pro model patch is coming soon. I know you've all heard that before from here but it's out of my control. I saw a working version of it in-house yesterday and it looks a lot better.

Thanks. I can wait it out as long as I know it's being worked on. Excited to see how the changes to the pro help some of my issues.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Heaiser, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
28-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it's good to hear that there are plans for the future.
28-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Just got an answer from support regarding an email I sent asking why it doesn´t work on my TV when it starts on my neigbouhrs.

Got the following reply:
To summarize your device worked on your neighbors tv? You were able to get to the home screen and get online? We have found that it doesn't look like it is a compatibility issue. We do have an update to the firmware with fixes for video quality and a few other things that we have received feedback from. We have seen from talking with others that the device works or there have been a few that would not turn on at all.

So it seems that they have an actual update in the works although it doesn´t adress the issue with no image on certain TVs.

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.