Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will it work with a USB hub
15-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi,

I have the PRO stick and I have attached a usb hub which works fine, and having my usb hd set up with movies.

What I am seeing from time to time, is that for some reason the connection to the usb hub/usb hd drops and I am not able to get it connected again only after a reboot.

So the check is in for the stick in the settings to connect to the usb when connected.

Also tried uncheck and check but it did not work.

anybody has successfull this set up and is also seeing this ?
15-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Re: Will it work with a USB hub
Are you using a power hub? If not, try switching to a power hub. This could make it more stable as the nonpowered ones dont have enough power to drive equiso, remote transceiver and the hdd at the same time.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
15-08-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Will it work with a USB hub
It is a powered one.

Any app to check the power consumption Smile for this you think?
15-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Is the HDD usb powered or is it powered via AC adapter? If the HDD is usb powered then it *could* be lack of power from the usb hub. Not something you can really measure via software. Did you try playing movies off a usb thumb stick which uses less power and does it exhibit the same problems?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
16-08-2013, 09:02 AM
The usb HDD is powered by an adapter.

The thing is also it does not happen all the time, it is just annoying when it happens .. I have to get off the couch Smile and restart the equiso stick

Thanks a lot for you help
17-08-2013, 05:20 AM
I had this same issue with my Pro, along with other issues. I had it replaced with the Retail and no longer have any problems. Just my thoughts.
17-08-2013, 11:16 AM
My only thought would be that maybe the external drive is going into standby mode and the Equiso isn't sending a command to wake it.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
20-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks hrrmmm Heartattack, I order a second device which will be the retail version, so then I should be safe Smile

John, it happens while watching a movie .. so it would be weird if it went into standby

I saw that there is a difference with the USB between the PRO and retail .. not sure if this could be the cause ?
20-08-2013, 10:02 AM
To my knowledge there's no difference in the USB between retail and pro models.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
20-08-2013, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 10:44 AM by nato.)
You mentioned this in another post :
The retail units also have the USB ports soldered on with more posts so they're stronger.

Not sure if this could make the USB port more solid ?
Your full post :

RE: Is it worth the hassle exchanging the pro for the retail?
It says it on the KS page and website a few times, but since nobody likes to read...

The pro and retail models are the same hardware except the pros have bluetooth and retails do not.

That's it. The retails were seeing software updates before the pros but now both are on the same version. The retail units also have the USB ports soldered on with more posts so they're stronger.