Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
internet speed
20-05-2014, 03:20 AM
internet speed
Why is it that when I do a speed test on my android galaxy 3 I get a download speed of about 35 mbs.... but when I do the same speed test on my android equiso stick I get a download speed of about 8 mbs? It's the same app, one run on my droid phone and the other on your equiso stick.... both the same distance from the router, but your device gets only 25% of the internet speed. How come?
05-06-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: internet speed
(20-05-2014 03:20 AM)gmish Wrote:  Why is it that when I do a speed test on my android galaxy 3 I get a download speed of about 35 mbs.... but when I do the same speed test on my android equiso stick I get a download speed of about 8 mbs? It's the same app, one run on my droid phone and the other on your equiso stick.... both the same distance from the router, but your device gets only 25% of the internet speed. How come?
Craptastic antenna coupled with a less than optimal WiFi chipset.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.
05-06-2014, 04:03 PM
fair to say this piece of equipment is kind of crappy and that I should not be recommending to my clients then?
11-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Yes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
03-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Yeah, don't pick one up or have others buy it. If you already have one they can be useful. We have one of ours set up with some calendar and security/weather widgets on an old monitor. Net gets about 8mb from our 100 mbps connection.
07-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Many times you might not see original speed in some speed test apps as many many apps doesn't show proper speed.