Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mini usb port on remote got loose and broke!
07-12-2012, 02:22 AM
mini usb port on remote got loose and broke!
I got this unit in mid-October. Just today, the metal entry port of mini usb on the remote got loose and fell into the plastic casing. I charged the remote a few times before without any problems but today, it got broken when I inserted the charger cable. I have only 1 remote but I can't charge it and now the unit is useless. The manufacturing of the port seems very flimsy, it did not look like the port was secured firmly. What should I do? What is the warranty of the unit? I wait almost 3 months to receive the unit. I don't want to wait that much for a remote replacement. Did anybody experience a similar problem?

A picture is attached.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-12-2012, 03:48 PM
RE: mini usb port on remote got loose and broke!
I had mine sent back because from day 1 on the Equiso did not work.

I believe it had to do with the USB port because the blue LED (showing that the device is running) never glowed constantly.

Barthwo, whose Equiso Pro finally arrived.
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: mini usb port on remote got loose and broke!
Like I said in answer to @Haldun on the Kickstarter comments:

@Haldun
email support@equiso.com for a replacement remote.
And as Adam said in Update 20:
"A small amount of backers (less than 2%) of the original model have had an issue with the usb port on the remote not being secured properly. We addressed the issue and are waiting for the new mold of the remotes interior case. The new case has been designed to hold the usb port in better. "
Just hope your replacement remote is from the new production!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
08-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Re: mini usb port on remote got loose and broke!
Took about two weeks to get a replacement. They won't sent a replacement unit you send the broken one in.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks