Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@pimmr
19-11-2012, 07:36 PM
@pimmr
received this email today,
i think wonderboy, adam made use of this or a similiar service, pawned it off on k!ckstarter.made a few dollars on the side.

Dear purchasing manager,
This is Ivy from EC TECH,We are a manufacturer of android tv stick/mini tv dongle,set top tv box,and iptv box.
TV dongle is very porpular now, we also can offer OEM/ODM service for you.
Here introduce you new model

Model EC-G12---Android 4.0.4 OS, made by All-winner A10 chipset with CPU 1.5G and DDR 1GB,Nand flash 4G, built in WIFI, Adobe Flash 11 ,excellent performance for suppporting USB WEB CAM vedio calls on skype,support 3D videos,Multi-tasks, network neighbourhood , google chrome with multi-taps,has strong ability to play local videos et. We provide customerized servive included the logo,GUI and software

salonist, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
19-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Re: @pimmr
Sounds plausibel, it wouldn't surprise me..

Verstuurd van mijn EndeavorU met Tapatalk

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
20-11-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: @pimmr
But, @salonist, what about Adam's story about the guy from MIT who first proposed the idea of an Android TV stick? Did all of those Shenzhen companies like EC Tech copy that MIT guy's idea?

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
20-11-2012, 03:10 PM
grab a beer and i'll tell you another story.
patent number, either you got it or you don't.
adam, ten two one you have no patent asignment as there is no patent.

(20-11-2012 02:10 PM)jschall Wrote:  But, @salonist, what about Adam's story about the guy from MIT who first proposed the idea of an Android TV stick? Did all of those Shenzhen companies like EC Tech copy that MIT guy's idea?

salonist, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
20-11-2012, 06:43 PM
How about http://smarttvappstick.com/

This is exact same hardware as Equiso.

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
21-11-2012, 01:11 PM
(20-11-2012 06:43 PM)Pimmr Wrote:  How about http://smarttvappstick.com/

This is exact same hardware as Equiso.
I wouldn't mind seeing the software for that device to compare, too bad they use OTA for updates.

Devious
21-11-2012, 03:18 PM
After some search on the smarttvappstick that Pimmr mentioned I found that the equiso (and so is the smarttvappstick) is actually an "lajoin android tv box A01" from Uptek international co. link

They offer the complete solution including UI design. I assume they will be making the update to the firmware.

They also have a smartphone app to control it. app

Electronics engineer/architect
22-11-2012, 01:47 AM
(21-11-2012 03:18 PM)Snowking Wrote:  After some search on the smarttvappstick that Pimmr mentioned I found that the equiso (and so is the smarttvappstick) is actually an "lajoin android tv box A01" from Uptek international co. link

They offer the complete solution including UI design. I assume they will be making the update to the firmware.

They also have a smartphone app to control it. app
The link for the app does not work can you provide a working link or even better hot the app somewhere so we can test it.

~ V

If i helped, please hit REP+ button / My XDA Profile ~ YouTube channel
22-11-2012, 09:45 AM
(22-11-2012 01:47 AM)Veronica Wrote:  The link for the app does not work can you provide a working link or even better hot the app somewhere so we can test it.

~ V
Sorry, link is indeed not working. Please try this link or the attachment. I'll try it this evening.

Attached File(s)
.apk  WIFIClient4.0.apk (Size: 2.22 MB / Downloads: 22)

Electronics engineer/architect
22-11-2012, 02:43 PM
(22-11-2012 09:45 AM)Snowking Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 01:47 AM)Veronica Wrote:  The link for the app does not work can you provide a working link or even better hot the app somewhere so we can test it.

~ V
Sorry, link is indeed not working. Please try this link or the attachment. I'll try it this evening.
tested and did not work i guess it needed a server provided in specific devices. But doesn't matter because i got droidmote to work ehehe, though you must buy the remotedroid server from google play. i be posting instructions and a small video of droidmote working on the equiso later today.

~ V

If i helped, please hit REP+ button / My XDA Profile ~ YouTube channel