Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
power diagnosis - blue light
14-11-2012, 06:00 PM
power diagnosis - blue light
My equiso doesn't work. It did work for a couple of days. I left it powered on for a day or two without using it and eventually I unplugged it, and then when I hooked it up again, nothing. I've tried several HDMI ports on the same LG 47" TV where it was working previously. I read that some have talked about a blue light on the unit. I don't see any blue light at all when it's plugged into power. I use external 110 volt USB adapter for power, I tried hooking it up to my smart phone charger and tablet charger, and still no blue light. On which side of the unit does this blue light exist? Could somebody take a picture of this blue light when it's working as normal? Is there any way to revive it? I'm posting here to potentially help other users with similar problems, rather than sending email to equiso support...
14-11-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: power diagnosis - blue light
Here is a photo of my Equiso.
You can see the blue light coming through a little hole in the top. The equiso label would be visible if it wasn't for the plug above.
Sorry for the photo quality but I broke my arm a day ago so can't remove the Equiso to get a better shot.
More to the point if I pull it out I will not be able to push it back in. Big Grin

15-11-2012, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2012 12:51 AM by mexico.)
RE: power diagnosis - blue light
cncnutz, Thanks for the picture. It's working now. The problem seemed to be related to the usb cable that I got with the unit, it doesn't have a good tight connection into the micro USB port of the unit.