Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wal-mart equiso pics
17-04-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: wal-mart equiso pics
(17-04-2013 07:39 PM)Niko Wrote:  And at just $79.99
There's no mic.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
20-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I got my 2nd Pro on Thursday and it was the new design.

MobileWill, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
21-04-2013, 06:47 AM
I bought this today at Walmart
Google Play didn't work first thing. I Googled some stuff about that and found to delete the Google Play and browser cache. That didn't work for me. I was going to return it because without Google Play it would not do what I bought it for.

If you get there don't give up. Unplug it and plug it back in (the only way to reboot). At that point Google Play worked for me, I could update and download apps, and I had an awesome Android stick.

I found this by accident because before I unplugged it I had forgot to do a factory reset and decided to give Google Play another go after the reboot just in case. I hate to return stuff, and this was SO promising. That was all the difference.

Utter failure on the OOBE. But a great product and tremendous value now that I've figured that out.
21-04-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: I bought this today at Walmart
(21-04-2013 06:47 AM)symbolset Wrote:  But a great product and tremendous value now that I've figured that out.

LOL... you are funny...

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
22-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Returned it today. Only reason I chose over Roku was to be able to watch the movies/shows I own on Google Play.

Hardware wise, I have few complaints. The remote operation was a bit choppy at times but I don't think that's a hardware issue. I plugged remote receiver into my Debian box and it was a lot more responsive than it is on equiso. Hopefully that's addressed in a software update someday.

Again - didn't hate it. Not by a mile. Might try the ouya when that's out.

errsta, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Apr 2013.
23-04-2013, 03:38 PM
I am waiting for my OUYA. that should solve all our problems. i guess
24-04-2013, 09:34 AM
(23-04-2013 03:38 PM)Niko Wrote:  I am waiting for my OUYA. that should solve all our problems. i guess

OUYA has quite bad reviews... and is 3rd generation old hardware... better wait for Samsung HomeSync

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.